• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Xbox mods!
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:08 PM

Hey everyone,
I have a problem im trying to help my friend fix. Heres the situation. Ok, he's been doing a hard drive switch for sometime and I just got a new eeprom for him and he bought a new hard drive. I loaded everything up and everything is A ok! Great... now lets boot stock and... wtf? I boot stock and the fan is on high, but I thought that it's only high when the chip is enabled? So I boot modded, and the fan is on high so I boot into the X-chips OS (Evox X-chip bios version 1.3) and change the fan speed to Auto, then I boot Stock (eject button press) and the fan is now low like it should be when stock. SO does this mean the chip is on even though I press the eject button?! My friend doesn't remember if the fan was high when he was doing the hard drive switch with the other eeprom. But when I boot stock it says M$ at the bottom, NO X-chip logo whatsoever and it boots to the regular Xbox Dashboard. So all in all whats happening is the fan stays on high even when when I boot stock, but once I change the setting in the X-chip OS to Auto, it goes back to normal in modded/stock mode, so does this mean even though it doesnt appear the chip is enabled, it is becuase the fan is on HIGH? Please someone help!
Thank you,
Vic

Xbox specs:
Xbox version 1.1
X-chip soldered in.
Evox bios version 1.3

I can be reached through AIM at: Inuyasha152

Edited by Inuyasha152, 14 August 2005 - 06:10 PM.

#2 Kryxan

Kryxan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:00 AM

i believe that if the chip is in fact off then the red led on the chip will shut down too. at least thats what i recall from booting the ms bios from the x-chip menu.

#3 Inuyasha152

Inuyasha152

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Xbox mods!
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:22 AM

I checked that out, the LED on the chip is on for about 1 second then i press the eject button, then it goes off, but the fan is on HIGH and its supposed to be regular when you boot to the retail bios, right??
-Vic

#4 Grilf

Grilf

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:35 AM

I believe that the FAN settings are stored in eeprom, and will be in effect even if you boot retail bios... same as with video settings etc.

Also if the Evox logo is off when you boot, you can be fairly sure that it is booting retail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users