• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bifferos

bifferos

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:50 PM

I thought I'd better try out the release of 3935 first before installing it (and possibly hosing my installation).

I copied it to to c:\dash\evo3935, changed xboxdash.xbe -> default.xbe, added to my old evox.ini then rebooted. When I run RemoteX from inside my old evox installation it just reboots. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my downloaded evox version, or if this is just not supposed to work anyhow.

One other thing - I've got one of the 'dummy' ISO images that I've been trying to get working with my Samsung drive and after 20 or so attempts the box won't take it. I'm using DVD-R with Ritek G-04 dye (admitedly overprints but..), so I reckon I've got the best possible combination for compatibility. But... is the padding in dummy really only appropriate for CD-Rs? Should I try to remake the images padding out to 4.7GB instead of 600MB or doesn't that matter? What I have doesn't seem to be an ISO image, or at least Linux doesn't want to mount it and gives some strange error.

thanks

-biff.

PS: I can't just write a CD-R because I've got a Pioneer writer that doesn't do CDs :-(.

#2 KenAdams72

KenAdams72

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 August 2005 - 09:03 PM

To make evox work you have to put the evox.xbe and evox.ini in C:\. Looks like you put it in a folder called dash. Move it from there to the main screen of C:\ and everything should work. Also make sure evox's xbe file is the same as what you named it in the Bios.

#3 bifferos

bifferos

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(KenAdams72 @ Aug 14 2005, 09:14 PM)
To make evox work you have to put the evox.xbe and evox.ini in C:\. Looks like you put it in a folder called dash. Move it from there to the main screen of C:\ and everything should work. Also make sure evox's xbe file is the same as what you named it in the Bios.

View Post

Ahh... So I can't do something like I did with UnleashX, ie run it from within Evolution-X??

I was copying an idea from this post:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=430723

#4 KenAdams72

KenAdams72

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 August 2005 - 09:34 PM

Ahh. I see what your doing. Im not sure what the problem is then. If it works with unleashx i dont see why it wouldn't with Evox. Maybe because its the same dash as what is already loaded but i dont see why that wouldnt work.

The only thing i can say is just try installing it as the main dash, I had it for a while and had no problems.

#5 MonsterTy

MonsterTy

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 August 2005 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE(KenAdams72 @ Aug 14 2005, 03:14 PM)

View Post

ohmy.gif That is totally incorrect. You could use a second version of Evolution X running as an application. The way you did it should work just fine, although you would (and I'm guessing this is the problem) need to edit the evox.ini of the v3935 (since this is the one you just installed and it has the "default" evox.ini with it) to look in the right places for the apps you have installed. Basically you could just copy your existing evox.ini file and put it in c:\dash\evo3935 (which you would then be overwriting the "default" evox.ini) folder you created for the new version. I hope I didn't make this seem more complicated than it is.

* Props to you for changing evoxdash.xbe to default.xbe, as this is the only way Evolution X would have recognized it without having to edit the evox.ini to look for that specifically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users