• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cheezitman2001

cheezitman2001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 09:11 PM

So I finally decided to make the switch to UnleashX. I FTP'd into my Xbox, renamed xboxdash.xbe to xboxdash1.xbe for backup purposes, and copied my UnleashX directory to C:\, renaming default.xbe to xboxdash.xbe. Now whenever I boot up, I get an error 13! Can anyone help?

#2 isaac_24

isaac_24

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:20 AM

What did you name UnleashX when you FTP'd it into your box?

#3 cheezitman2001

cheezitman2001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:51 AM

Sorry, after looking at my original post, I guess I wasn't very clear. I softmodded my box using SlaYer's Evox disc 2.6. I downloaded UnleashX from the usual places and installed it as an App. After using it a few times, I decided I liked how it looked and functioned better than Evox, so I FTP'd into my box, renamed the Evox dashboard, which was xboxdash.xbe to xboxdash1.xbe, and copied the entire UnleashX directory to C:\, and then renamed default.xbe to xboxdash.xbe. When I booted it up, I got an error 13. Luckily, I managed to use xboxhdm to restore Evox, but now I'm stuck with it, and would still very much like to switch to UnleashX. Thanks.

#4 wabkia

wabkia

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 07:52 AM

you renamed the wrong file. go into fonts or whatever and rename your evox.xbe and replace it with unleashx.xbe

#5 cheezitman2001

cheezitman2001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 01:14 PM

In my fonts folder, I have the following files:
bert-generic.xtf
ernie.xtf
s.xtf
And a folder, nk
In the folder, there's nkpatcher.xbe and devz3ro, which has no extension. Do I replace nkpatcher.xbe? Thanks.

#6 gualber98

gualber98

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 August 2005 - 02:25 AM

inside the fonts folder there should another folder that has the evox dashboard and that the one you should replace with unleashx. usually the dashboard is name to default.xbe

#7 sr_sparky

sr_sparky

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 August 2005 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE(gualber98 @ Aug 16 2005, 09:36 AM)
inside the fonts folder there should another folder that has the evox dashboard and that the one you should replace with unleashx. usually the dashboard is name to default.xbe

View Post

Since there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many softmods out there, this is not true for everyone...

Do a search on you hdd (c & e partitions) for an xbe that is around 750kb (i think, last time i looked anyway). Click on it and see it it loads up evox. Although i probably would trust this method blink.gif .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users