3 replies to this topic

#1 devitaf

devitaf

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:20 AM

I have an XBOX with a bad hard drive. It clicks and grinds and reports error 7.

I have an unlocked xbox hard drive left over from an upgrade I have done in the past. Is there any way to get that drive locked into the Malfuctioning XBOX I mentioned above?

#2 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:46 AM

Unless you have some way of removing the Xbox's EEPROM and taking the data off of it, there's no way of locking the hard drive to your Xbox without buying a modchip.

#3 spiffydudex

spiffydudex

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE(devitaf @ Aug 17 2005, 02:31 AM)
I have an unlocked xbox hard drive left over from an upgrade I have done in the past.  Is there any way to get that drive locked into the Malfuctioning XBOX I mentioned above?

View Post

I had this happen to me. sad.gif

Option 1
Hmmmmm... Can you still start a game? if so you could run say a soft mod installer. install the softmod. Run Evox setup and setup the standard partitions (very easy just click click click and then WAIT FOR THE FINISH) then when done unistall the softmod.

Option 2
Go buy a cheap modchip (EX. Duox2 NEVER GET A SPIDER-CHIP) install that hoe. run Evox installer. setup the new partitions and install evox for the hell of it. (play movies/music and games) and your a free man.

Option 3
Go and buy a badass mod-chip (EX. Xecuter3) mod the crap outta that thing and make it the pimpest thing on the block.

Your choice mate.
I chose option 2 and bought a shit spider-chip and now im wishing I went with option 3. Anyways make your choice and have fun. I will help where ever needed. biggrin.gif

SPIFF

#4 devitaf

devitaf

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:44 PM

That's what I figured,

Thanks guys smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users