2 replies to this topic

#1 hermannm

hermannm

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 12:36 AM

Anyone know how to write their own bios. I have a maxtor 40 gig hdd and my motherboard is shitty so it doesn't recognize the 40 gigs so i had to use this program called easy bios. Well the other day i started my computer with a floppy in it and it erased the boot sector. Well this is where my problem lies. I went back into the program and went to restore boot sector but when i partitioned my drive i forgot to write on the floppy so now my computer only sees the C: drive. I need a way to write my own bios for this program with 6 6.35 partitions. Thanks to anyone who can help.

#2 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 April 2003 - 01:11 AM

use your xp cd so restore the boot sector. go into recovery console and type fixboot c: there ya go new bootsector. if you cant see all 40 gigs on your bios use your hd utitaly disk and reinstall easy bios or update your bios.

if you update your bios you need to knoe excaly what motherbord you have and what prosser your runnin once you have the right info you can find updated bios for it. trust me iv done it with my 333 i had to update for 40 gigs i even had to remove my videocard so it could rededect it.

Edited by luther349, 08 April 2003 - 01:14 AM.

#3 hermannm

hermannm

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 02:19 AM

i dont have xp:). I have windows 98 and i need to fix the maxtor easy bios. Thanks for the input though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users