• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Prime1

Prime1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:57 AM

I followed the tutorial twice now and I still end up with the same thing. I changed the line in the default.xap file rich txt file w/ pic of default.xap saved it and then inserted the file back into the xip file. I then up'ed the file back to the xbox, but I keep getting screens like this:

dash pic 1
dash pic 2

I also searched in the tdata and udata for the fff files, but I don't have those listed on my drive. Any help would be great.

Prime

#2 Prime1

Prime1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 03:17 AM

i made a jpg instead of the rich txt thing. i don't know what I was thinking about

default.xap pic

#3 BlackWraith

BlackWraith

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 August 2005 - 04:46 AM

The .xap edit looks fine as long as your saving it properly. 0ffeeff0 is what you're looking for. You most definitely have it on your E: drive. Try deleting them then see what happens.

#4 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:21 AM

If you opened up the xip and double clicked the xap and had it opend you dont need to reinsert it back into the xip... it does it automatically.

I use xapeditor so I all ways save it and reinsert it seperately and I all ways use the save as option in winxip because sometimes it doesn't save the xip right if you just hit save. Then in the FlashFXP window I double click the xip Im gonna transfer and double click the xap in winxip and look for the changes in notepad. If they're there I close them all down and ftp away.

Another good way to check to see if it's transfering right is to use the transfer as option in FXP to check and see if the xip on the xbox is right or not. I usually use faulty.xip as a tester for default.xip to test it so I know to delete it later.

It all most seems like something's up with your skin's xbx file cuz it's not showing the cellwall and thats what it usually looks like when the skin's .xbx is messed up.

#5 Prime1

Prime1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:18 PM

Guys I tried the things you both said and finally the skins are working. Thanks a lot for all your help with this.

Prime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users