• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 totaln00b

totaln00b

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:08 AM

Okay so I wanted to renew my xbox live account so I went to uninstall my softmod. I installed it using the mechassault trick and got the installer from action replay. (The installer turned out to be french but I managed to install it okay with my limited knowledge of the language).

I did something wrong when I was uninstalling it because now my xbox only plays games and will not boot into the Micro$oft dashboard or the unleash X one. I just get a message saying contact the help service. I have no backup of my harddrive but I know what is on it is intact because I can still load saved games. could somebody plz help me get it back to normal?? can I just buy a new hard drive and download the xbox firmware from somewhere??? I am a totaln00b and need help desperately. Thanx in advance

#2 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:12 AM

is the mech assualt save still on your box, loa d up the game and run the exploit again, maybe you can get ftp access to see whats messed up with your dash

#3 totaln00b

totaln00b

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:25 AM

thanks for the fast reply.
I tried that but for some strange reason it won't load the exploit, when I try the screen just twitches. So i can't get ftp access to it. Is there no way I can reformat my hdd??

#4 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:54 AM

if it will boot backups still then you should be able to use slayers disc to reformat to stock, then do all your live stuff and then reinstall the softmod

#5 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:04 AM

Load a Live enabled game....and click on the Live tab....it should update your dashboard and everything will be ok.

#6 A_N9ne

A_N9ne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:25 AM

that happened to me, you get error 21 right? i hotswapped into my pc and rebuilt the HDD

#7 totaln00b

totaln00b

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(A_N9ne @ Aug 20 2005, 05:36 AM)
that happened to me, you get error 21 right? i hotswapped into my pc and rebuilt the HDD

View Post

im getting an error 19, and what do you mean by rebuilt your hdd. Can I just download something and format my hard drive. I tried the other suggestions and my xbox no longer plays copied discs so the uninstall must of partially worked and my existing live account is expired now and asks me to go to my dashboard to set up a new one, but of course I cannot get to my dashboard.

#8 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:35 PM

You DO NOT want to format your hard drive. If you do so without backing it up your box will be dead. You have to have YOUR eeprom data to place on a new drive or your old drive.

Did you create a Linux cd to format a new hard drive or are you still using the original drive? With the cd you could do the drive again.

When booting into Mechassault, choosing the run linux option should get your xbox an IP address where you can ftp to correct what is wrong.

Of course, if you chose to backup your drive, which you should have done before installing the softmod, you could try to do the restore again.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users