X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 August 2005 - 04:11 AM

Ok, I was watching G4's Attack of the Show and they outlined what my brother has been talking about for two years now. This brother of mine is a Zelda F-R-E-A-K!! He loves Zelda, and also likes Halo. He was always saying, "dude, it would be sweet if you could make Zelda and Halo together. Then, I saw it. Zelda Ocarina of Time mod for Halo CE. my mouth dropped. You can read about the project at http://www.projectzeldaonline.com. I want to get this so bad, but I don't have Halo for the computer. Plus, since I only have one computer, it would be impossible to play it. But, I have three xboxes and I know somebody did a Halo CE to xbox conversion. I think it was in CXE. Even if you read in the about section of projectzeldaonline.com, it says this.

This mod is going to be available freely to anyone who has a copy of Halo for the PC along with the CE free downloadable add-on for Halo PC. It was also discussed that Halo CE mods can also be ported to the XBox version of Halo so the possibility of playing Zelda Online with your friends on LAN with a few modded XBox is very possible but without the Z targeting or camera.

If anybody at all could do this, it would be the coolest thing in the world to my brother.

#2 DickE

DickE

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 03:27 AM

Sorry I cant help to port it, but just had a look at the website and it does look like a very good mod! Playing OOT online wold just be amazing!

#3 irishdrunk

irishdrunk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Xbox's of course, poker, midgets, women, idiots.....not jail
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 September 2005 - 03:39 AM

That is awesome. I am finally thinking of picking up a copy of Halo PC to try it out.

When I read the topic, I was trying to remember the sig I saw the dare to make it in. Yours.

Very interesting, If the creators say porting is possible, odds are it would not be that difficult (I don't presume to know squat about dev, so don't say anything)

Maybe this should be posted in the Development forum to to catch more eyes.

#4 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:45 PM

Well, I was hoping by adding it to my sig, it would get a few more looksies. I figured I have over 500 posts, so it's got to catch somebody's eye. I know one guy that said he can do it if he has the JMS model of the map, but when I asked the creator, Jahrain, he said he doesn't have the JMS anymore and it would be better to open up the map in 3DS Max and extract the JMS yourself. But I don't know how to do this, and the guy who is willing to port it only knows how to do it if he has the JMS and also doesn't know how to extract the JMS. Well, maybe somebody who knows some more will read this. BUMP!

#5 Cybertronic

Cybertronic

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 September 2005 - 03:59 AM

This sounds kick ass.... From my experience with the Zelda Community and Eumtalk.net..... I know how they got their models..... They used THIS plugin..... But what they didnt know..... is they could use THESE Hi-res textures..... *just to save them some work....

#6 baturkin17

baturkin17

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, Games, Sleep

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:18 PM

it is fun, i beta tested a few maps from the mod.

you guys should pick up PC and download Halo CE.

[edit] when you rip models ffrom the game, they are extremely messed up, im pretty sure jahrain (creator of the mod) created all the content from scratch, or most of it anyway.

Edited by baturkin17, 22 September 2005 - 09:20 PM.

#7 Cybertronic

Cybertronic

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:33 PM

Actually..... Nope.... If you use the VRML exporter.... it exports EVERYTHING being rendered in the emulator at that moment...including models.... all he would have to do is just tweak them... misaligned textures etc.... and separate the models from the map models, and animate them. So he had been very busy animating the models... and retexturing the screwed skin from the export.

So yeah Animating and Coding was mostlikely the biggest part.

Edited by Cybertronic, 22 September 2005 - 09:39 PM.

#8 P1ckp0ck3t

P1ckp0ck3t

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 September 2005 - 09:09 PM

Bump

#9 ender245

ender245

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:14 AM

JMS, huh? Hmmmm, I KNOW I've heard about that sometime during my 3DMax classes... Textbook, if you could send me the file or tell me where to get it, I'm pretty sure I could get what you're looking for.

I don't have Halo for PC, nor do I have a PC that could handle a game like Halo, but I'd like to play this mod myself, so if there's anything I can do to help in the porting, let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users