• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DoomMan

DoomMan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:09 PM

Alright, I just purcased a mod chip(xecuter 3ce) since i have been waiting to mod my xbox. I have been reading guides and everything to understand how the mod chip and new dashboards work. I just have a few questions that I want to know before I finally get started.

1. Do I NEED to flash the default bios that come with the card in order to play backup games and install a new dashboard?

2.To change the dashboard do i need to flash the bios or simple place certain files on the harddrive

3.To you, what is the best dashboard out their right now(Good user interface and features)

4. Would it be better to purcase a 160 gig harddrive, or get a dual layer dvd burner to play backup games

5. On a scale 1-10 how hard is it to install a modchip that requires soldering

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:38 PM

All of these questions (ALL of them) could've been answered with just a liiittle searching.

1) Yes.

2) Yes and yes, in that order.

3) Depends. Noobs start with Evox, many prefer Avalaunch or UnleashX.

4) Neither. Your retail games will play fine either way. rolleyes.gif If you want to improve load times, running games off the HDD is obviously faster, thus better.

5) If the above questions need to be asked, and are indicitive of the same amount of effort/prep you've put into soldering practice, locating your choice of d0 or lframe, checking up to see if you need to rebuild the LPC, then the answer may very well be "damn frustrating" to "damaging."

#3 DoomMan

DoomMan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:07 AM

I'm getting a xecuter 3ce, what would be the best bios to flash to to set up unleashx? Also do games have to be extracted or stay in iso format. I have a 1.0 xbox so will it be hard to install the chip?

Edited by DoomMan, 20 August 2005 - 02:09 AM.

#4 thebroken

thebroken

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:21 AM

Xecuter Bios for X3 3294

and depends on how you want to back them up id reccomend the hdd alot faster and saves money in the long run

#5 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE(DoomMan @ Aug 20 2005, 10:18 AM)
1) I'm getting a xecuter 3ce, what would be the best bios to flash to to set up unleashx?
2) Also do games have to be extracted or stay in iso format.
3) I have a 1.0 xbox so will it be hard to install the chip?

View Post

1) The latest Xecuter 3 BIOS. Get it from xbins.

2) Neither. They play from retail disc, from the HDD if ripped there, or from a backup ISO you made yourself and burnt, which wouln't require any extracting.

3) Well, that means you don't have to rebuild the LPC area, but if you want to do a pinheader install you'll have to remove the solder that is already there as is normal for 1.0 Xboxes (but you knew that from research, right?).

Edited by Xombe, 20 August 2005 - 03:29 AM.

#6 DoomMan

DoomMan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:49 AM

Thanks for all your help guys, you making this alot clearer for me beerchug.gif
Would it be better to mod my bros xbox since its a 1.2?

#7 HMAWL411

HMAWL411

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Interests:Xbox,Cars, and Guns
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:54 AM

if your doing the pin header method it would be easier since the LPC points dont already have solder in them. you just have to remove pin 4, insert the pin header, then solder it in from the bottom of the mobo. please correct me if im wrong

#8 zamamee

zamamee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:MODDING and gaming.<br />
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 August 2005 - 04:47 AM

I have the v.1.0 and I didn't use the headerpin. I think the hardest to solder will be the d0. I really screwed mine up. It only worx with the chip on. FRAGS when chip off. Just make sure u can solder really good.

#9 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:12 AM

d0 is a bitch for newbs, including me

but once you get experienced its not so bad

so your difficulty from 1-10 depends on your experience from 1-10 smile.gif

good luck beerchug.gif

#10 br0w

br0w

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:24 AM

the d0 is actually easier than most people make it out to be. people tell you that its some devils via, when really its not that hard. the biggest mistake most people make is not preparing the d0 point. the top d0 isnt like other via's, its un-tinned and covered in solder mask. take a very small flathead screwdriver (jewlers set) and GENTLY scrape the solder mask off until you see a bit of the metal. after that, soldering it is easy. once you get good contact (enough that you can pull on it LIGHTLY without it coming off), put some hotglue or some super glue on the point to ensure that it stays on there nicely.

and if you use the alt d0 point, you dont even need to prepare it that much, just tin your wire and solder it to it. i like the top d0 tho, but its all a matter of preference (SP)

Edited by br0w, 20 August 2005 - 05:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users