So Let Me Get This Straight
Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:09 PM
1. Do I NEED to flash the default bios that come with the card in order to play backup games and install a new dashboard?
2.To change the dashboard do i need to flash the bios or simple place certain files on the harddrive
3.To you, what is the best dashboard out their right now(Good user interface and features)
4. Would it be better to purcase a 160 gig harddrive, or get a dual layer dvd burner to play backup games
5. On a scale 1-10 how hard is it to install a modchip that requires soldering
Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:38 PM
2) Yes and yes, in that order.
3) Depends. Noobs start with Evox, many prefer Avalaunch or UnleashX.
4) Neither. Your retail games will play fine either way. If you want to improve load times, running games off the HDD is obviously faster, thus better.
5) If the above questions need to be asked, and are indicitive of the same amount of effort/prep you've put into soldering practice, locating your choice of d0 or lframe, checking up to see if you need to rebuild the LPC, then the answer may very well be "damn frustrating" to "damaging."
Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:07 AM
Edited by DoomMan, 20 August 2005 - 02:09 AM.
Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:21 AM
and depends on how you want to back them up id reccomend the hdd alot faster and saves money in the long run
Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:28 AM
2) Also do games have to be extracted or stay in iso format.
3) I have a 1.0 xbox so will it be hard to install the chip?
1) The latest Xecuter 3 BIOS. Get it from xbins.
2) Neither. They play from retail disc, from the HDD if ripped there, or from a backup ISO you made yourself and burnt, which wouln't require any extracting.
3) Well, that means you don't have to rebuild the LPC area, but if you want to do a pinheader install you'll have to remove the solder that is already there as is normal for 1.0 Xboxes (but you knew that from research, right?).
Edited by Xombe, 20 August 2005 - 03:29 AM.
Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:49 AM
Would it be better to mod my bros xbox since its a 1.2?
Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:54 AM
Posted 20 August 2005 - 04:47 AM
Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:12 AM
but once you get experienced its not so bad
so your difficulty from 1-10 depends on your experience from 1-10
Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:24 AM
and if you use the alt d0 point, you dont even need to prepare it that much, just tin your wire and solder it to it. i like the top d0 tho, but its all a matter of preference (SP)
Edited by br0w, 20 August 2005 - 05:28 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users