vtec236

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:54 AM

Ok all i have started another box(my wife is going to kill me :-) ) i have seen alot of you put lcds into the box most are the hip pads but some are larger. I was digging around in the closet tonight and cam across this little number here. I had it installed in my Honda when i was a ricer tongue.gif So i tried it i figured it ran off 12V in the car why not an XBOX? tried it and walla it worked so not i have to make it fit in the case and mold it with bondo any suggestions would be great i have never used bondo before(I'm a virgin) so any pointers to avoid mistakes
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

#2 Agrooreo

Agrooreo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:58 AM

Thats gonna end up really nice man. Since your gonna prolly end up haking the hell out of that case top have you thought about using a craked top? Like one a jewel removal was messed up on? That way you can save a perfectly good case top since you need to cut the hell out of a top anyway why not a cracked on lol? beerchug.gif

#3 vtec236

vtec236

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:00 AM

Sure any one got one for DIRT cheap and i mean DIRT

#4 twinski9909

twinski9909

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:45 AM

Well, for starters make sure you apply it liberally and make sure you wait for it to dry, give it a while, just walk away and have a cold one on me. Then don't be afraid to sand like a mad man. Finally do this a bunch of times and DO NOT paint until you have it perfect. You will kick yourself when you sand sand sand and then paint and find you have a bunch of pin holes. So sand and rebondo often. Good luck man. Also make sure you are in a comfortable area out side (the shit smells), give your self room and don't scrunch yourself up. Post when you are done. :]

#5 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 24 August 2005 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE(vtec236 @ Aug 24 2005, 05:11 PM)
Sure any one got one for DIRT cheap and i mean DIRT

View Post

only thing i can suggest is look around ebay and the b.s.t forum here

and that looks awesome. i wish i had a screen like that

#6 Supplicium

Supplicium

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 02:12 PM

good stuff man. Looks good.

#7 Cog

Cog

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:25 PM

just a random thought so piss on it if you would like..

What about instead of mounting that screen right into the top of the case, to manufacture yourself some kind of mounting bracket that would allow the screen to "flip" up so you can actually use the damn screen to play on.

#8 b15ginz

b15ginz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:graphic design, web design.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(Cog @ Aug 24 2005, 01:36 PM)

What about instead of mounting that screen right into the top of the case, to manufacture yourself some kind of mounting bracket that would allow the screen to "flip" up so you can actually use the damn screen to play on.

View Post

double thought.
instead of making a mounting bracket. saw up some wood at a 60-90 degree angle.

use expandable foam to fill in the gaps THEN use bondo. a lot less bondo..and a lot less sanding. foam u can cut with a knife...or wire. smile.gif
i used it in my car one. does neat things.

#9 b15ginz

b15ginz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:graphic design, web design.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:46 PM

oooo..and this has been done b4. ask this guy for help if needed.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=406790

#10 Dano2k0

Dano2k0

The Cooling King

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(Cog @ Aug 24 2005, 06:36 PM)

View Post

You'll like my new box that i'm working on when i get time to, a motorised flip up screen is in order, its a media center box i'm building but figured this screen would be a great idea because running the box through a seperate amp i don't need to turn my TV on to see what i'm doing in the menus, then i can press the remote and have it return in the box so its not in the way again smile.gif

Looks alright so far, only thing that worries me is the quality of the picture on the screen, it kind of looks all i don't know 'blocky'? or is it the camera that has took a poor shot? ive had problems taking pics of alot of my stuff because the camera makes things look abit crappy some times.

Good luck on this one anyway beerchug.gif

#11 Granulated

Granulated

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE(Dano2k0 @ Aug 24 2005, 02:24 PM)

Looks alright so far, only thing that worries me is the quality of the picture on the screen, it kind of looks all i don't know 'blocky'? or is it the camera that has took a poor shot? ive had problems taking pics of alot of my stuff because the camera makes things look abit crappy some times.

Good luck on this one anyway  beerchug.gif

View Post

Taking pictures of a tv's picture will pretty much never turn out good. But yeah, check out the guy with the 7" LCD mounted in the top of his. You might wanna angle it, so you don't have to build the crazy stand that he was talking about to see the screen.

#12 blue bandicoot

blue bandicoot

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:45 PM

yeah, alemerson started a case like this, but never finished it - so you could still be the first to do it!

#13 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(Cog @ Aug 25 2005, 04:36 AM)

View Post

good diea. if i get a screen, i would set it up so that you can adjust its level going up (angle to the horizontal if looking from side), and also spin it around, so that the screen isnt allways facing up and prone to damage

#14 vtec236

vtec236

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE(blue bandicoot @ Aug 24 2005, 12:56 PM)
yeah, alemerson started a case like this, but never finished it - so you could still be the first to do it!

View Post

OK all i was messing around again last night and got this far I took it all apart to make it smaller and this is what i am working with
user posted image
Pretty good i think it is about half the size if the entire casing it came with. The only thing that i got freaked out on was when i first got it all put together i got an error code 21 WTF it means basically M$ famous Blue screen of death so i restart then i get error 6 which is cannot unlock HDD still like great i fried the HDD oh well putting a bigger one in anyways so i disconnect all the cable and run a stock box boots fine loads game good to go i guess. at this point i thought maybe that it is drawing too much power but then tonight i get this
First Video 5MB
Second Video 3.5MB
Sorry for quality it is just a digi cam so i am back on the right track i leave for vacation Sunday But will be back in a week and will keep you all updated.

BTW what can i do near Phoenix for cheap?

#15 Chazzz

Chazzz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 August 2005 - 09:19 AM

I have a cracked case, it's yours for free if you want it. All you have to do is come and pick it up I live right next to tolleson. talk to me through aim and we can chisel out the details. my screen name is Callico chza

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users