• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stratocaster

stratocaster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:28 AM

I have just recently set up a solution so that I can have a dedicated Ethernet connection to my xbox. The next logical step, is getting live. This poses several questions for me:

1. My EVOXDASH, and config files are on my C: drive. If I were to go on live, could MS see them and ban me?

2. Could someone give me an explination on how LIVE blocking works? I'm kind of curious.

3. For the MArriage theory to come into effect, would you have to have logged in to xbox live with a gamertag, or merely connected to the server (as in opened the "Network Settings" Dialog). My system has, indeed, connected into the server (I was about to sign up for a tag, then realized I wanted to upgrade my HDD first). Does a tag have to be active for a eeprom and HDD to be married?

#2 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE(stratocaster @ Aug 25 2005, 01:39 AM)
I have just recently set up a solution so that I can have a dedicated Ethernet connection to my xbox. The next logical step, is getting live. This poses several questions for me:

1. My EVOXDASH, and config files are on my C: drive. If I were to go on live, could MS see them and ban me?

I particularly have all my dashes on E, and booting them with IND-BIOS. But the point is, that I've had dashes on C for way too long, and I currently have bunch of homebrew on C and E and in more than 3 years, I have never, ever been banned.
2. Could someone give me an explination on how LIVE blocking works? I'm kind of curious.

The Live Blocking Bios fools your xbox into thinking that the network cable is not connected, so instead of connecting, you get a message that says "Cables not found, check your cables and try again" or something like that.
3. For the MArriage theory to come into effect, would you have to have logged in to xbox live with a gamertag, or merely connected to the server (as in opened the "Network Settings" Dialog).  My system has, indeed, connected into the server (I was about to sign up for a tag, then realized I wanted to upgrade my HDD first).  Does a tag have to be active for a eeprom and HDD to be married?

View Post

There are two sides of the story on this one.

It is thought that once your box connects to the servers the marriage happens.

A test was made, basically to check if the xbox will connect to XBOX Live, even without a gamertag, when clicking on the "XBOX Live" tab. We finally saw that it won't connect after a mere clicking on the XBL tab.

The second part, and like mentioned before, is the part that it is "thought". Meaning that "it is thought" that the marriage happens while creating your gamertag. But I have personally never seen any tests on this. So if you try to replace your HDD and get banned, report back. That way we will know the marriage happens as soon as you try to create a Gamertag, even if you don't go through with the process.

A suggestion for you, would be to install a HDD switch. Check on the main page under the tutorials section. There are some good guides there on how to install a dual hdd switch.

Good Luck.

#3 stratocaster

stratocaster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:15 PM

I particularly have all my dashes on E

I did for a long time as well, but then one day, while I was in retail mode, I turned on a game that unconiously updated my live settings. Since then, I have been unable to boot evox off of my E: drive (when I boot XBMC as my dash on E:, its fine) dry.gif .

Any idea why this is?

and as far as the HD thing goes, I think I might install my bigger HD today, and then register a tag. If I get banned, meh, so what (Don't have a whole lot of LIVE games). I'll be sure to keep you informed as to what happens.

#4 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:46 PM

I particularly never had any problems whatsoever on booting evox from either C or E and I runned it both ways with EvolutionX Bios, X2 Bios and IND-BIOS.

Perhaps is your bios ? What Bios are you using?

I apreciate you keeping me posted IF you upgrade your HDD. There are actually a few people on the scene right now that is asking about this since it has never been documented.

#5 stratocaster

stratocaster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:56 AM

I'm using X2.5032 at the moment, but I also used M8 for awhile~ same boat. Wouldn't boot to the evox dash unless it was on C.

Never got around to putting in the new HD today. When I get around to it, I'll start a new thread with my findings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users