#1 ddzc

ddzc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:44 PM

Selling a 1.0 xbox complete with a brand new thomson drive (drive doesen't have the xbox front clip on it though)
The xbox frags, it boots up, frags 3 times and flashes yellow/red.

A chip install was performed by a friend and he screwed it up in the process, was workin fine before he touched it.
I took a quick look at it and don't see anything physically wrong with it, but an LPC rebuiild may do the trick, or a new mobo of course.
I don't have the time to fix it so im selling it for him.

He wants $80 US for everything plus shipping. Knock off $25 if you don't need the drive and i'll keep it.

#2 acex008

acex008

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:49 PM

I'll paypal you $25 shipped and you can throw away the Thompson drive! Seriously, I don't understand how people can sell motherboards for tons of money when you can easily get a complete system for under $50 on ebay. And even if it's condition isn't great you can still part it out for more than $50!!! Sorry to rant about this, but it's pissing me off! I've seen people selling V1.0 mobo's w/HD for +$65. WTF!
ph34r.gif

Edited by acex008, 25 August 2005 - 06:49 PM.

#3 ddzc

ddzc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:59 PM

sry thats too cheap. Im guessing this is good for someone who already has the mobo or can get one for cheap. If I can get one for cheap I would have fixed it myself, put a duox2 in it and sell it for like 160. Give me a better offer and you can take it.
BTW where can u get a full running system for under 50 bucks on ebay, give me some links, i'll buy over 100.

#4 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(acex008 @ Aug 25 2005, 11:00 AM)
I'll paypal you $25 shipped and you can throw away the Thompson drive!  Seriously, I don't understand how people can sell motherboards for tons of money when you can easily get a complete system for under $50 on ebay.  And even if it's condition isn't great you can still part it out for more than $50!!!  Sorry to rant about this, but it's pissing me off!  I've seen people selling V1.0 mobo's w/HD for +$65.  WTF!
ph34r.gif

View Post

$50 ebay boxes are full of surprises. I've received stinky boxes, I've received one with live roaches in it. I've received numerous failed mod attempts and very rarely have I paid $50 for one. It usually comes out to about $60-70 shipped and these damn things suck.

1.0 motherboards are becoming harder to find in good working order.
That's why you see them for $65

Some people like to split the TSOP and install switches since it's 1 MB instead of the 256k on later boards.

Also, since 1.0 has solder filled LPC, people with little soldering skills can do wire installs a lot easier... just melt the solder & stick a wire in.

Also, these working boards and hard drives usually sell for around $60 alone on ebay... and have you seen the llamma's price on these? $79 + shipping.

Even thinkbox just listed the 1.0 board w/hdd for $60 on his website.

**Alex**

Edited by Alex548, 25 August 2005 - 07:10 PM.

#5 ddzc

ddzc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:59 PM

ok i'll sell it for 40 plus shipping, no controllers and no dvd rom.
Just the system with power and a/v cables.

You can more likely fix it for free with this rebuild, just odn't have the time to do it.

user posted image

#6 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:38 PM

Isn't that diagram for rebuilding the LPC on 1.6 boards?

**Alex**

#7 Arjun

Arjun

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE(Alex548 @ Aug 25 2005, 10:49 PM)
Isn't that diagram for rebuilding the LPC on 1.6 boards?

**Alex**

View Post

I don't think so...It looks like it's showing where the points on the LPC go to...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users