• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sttjr49

sttjr49

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:05 AM

i just recently put in a solderless xecuter 2.6 with a xapt3r 1.6 in my v1.6 xbox. when i first started it up, it got to initializing ide controller, then went to a blank screen. this happened on both banks. if i disable my modchip, the screen stays black and the green light is steady. i decided to unplug my dvd drive, and that fixed the problem. the flash bios menu comes up fine, no matter the bank. also, the flubber comes up fine with the modchip disabled, and i get the service screen with code 12 (no dvd drive attached). is there a way to make my xbox work with the dvd drive plugged in, because its pretty important.

#2 Deadman1515

Deadman1515

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE(sttjr49 @ Aug 25 2005, 08:16 PM)
i just recently put in a solderless xecuter 2.6 with a xapt3r 1.6 in my v1.6 xbox. when i first started it up, it got to initializing ide controller, then went to a blank screen. this happened on both banks. if i disable my modchip, the screen stays black and the green light is steady. i decided to unplug my dvd drive, and that fixed the problem. the flash bios menu comes up fine, no matter the bank. also, the flubber comes up fine with the modchip disabled, and i get the service screen with code 12 (no dvd drive attached). is there a way to make my xbox work with the dvd drive plugged in, because its pretty important.

View Post

I have yet to do a mod chip but have done custom wiring in cars, it sounds like you have possibly "tapped a wrong wire" My advice would check all your solder point to ensure they are in the correct spot and verify no solder "splash" landed onto a nearby trace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users