Photo

Is It Confirmed Madden Nfl 06 Be Like Commercial?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 amb7247

amb7247

X-S Expert

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 August 2005 - 04:36 AM

It's for the xbox 360

It's the only thing holding me back since I got madden for the xbox. Will this game be like what they showed in the commercial? All the screenshots I see for it are stills from the commercial. I havn't seen anything different. I hope it isn't an xbox or ps2 port. If it isn't then I'll change on of my 4 pre-order to it.

Edited by amb7247, 27 August 2005 - 04:38 AM.

#2 brooksie48

brooksie48

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 05:17 AM

*sigh*

#3 amb7247

amb7247

X-S Expert

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE(brooksie48 @ Aug 27 2005, 12:28 AM)
*sigh*

View Post

Got a better answer since that does not help me. The reason I say the above is I don't know if '07 will be nex-gen madden or if that will be in this years version. THe PS3 isn't out till spring of next year so I don't know if they would hold off until that comes out or go ahead and release what we saw in the commercial for the 360. Just curious.

Edited by amb7247, 27 August 2005 - 05:27 AM.

#4 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:24 AM

They don't wait for a console to be released until they can bring out their game. They will release it when they want, if PAYstation 3 is out or not. If the game is released and the PS3 isn't out yet, when the PS3 actually does launch, that's when the old madden '07 title will appear on it.

It's quite simple, actually, since that's the way most things work... wink.gif

#5 amb7247

amb7247

X-S Expert

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Aug 27 2005, 01:35 AM)
They don't wait for a console to be released until they can bring out their game. They will release it when they want, if PAYstation 3 is out or not. If the game is released and the PS3 isn't out yet, when the PS3 actually does launch, that's when the old madden '07 title will appear on it.

It's quite simple, actually, since that's the way most things work...  wink.gif

View Post

Nice for the xbox 360 to lead the way pop.gif

#6 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:46 PM

ok i havent had good luck posting pics but here i go anyways.

user posted image

i think this is a real time pic as its not taken from the commercial and looks like something the 360 can do with ease so you make the call. your opinion should matter to you more then anyone elses

#7 hugoboss1

hugoboss1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:GAMING,HUNTING.SHOOTING,KILLING,AND GAMING.

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:58 PM

ummmmm if its real time dont you think he needs a helmit??? that is not realtime maybe when you are customizing your player you will have thise pics but the question is gameplay and real time stuff till you dont see all 22 guys on the field on a screen dont beliive squat.

he looks like he is checking out the cheerleaders..

Edited by hugoboss1, 29 August 2005 - 03:04 PM.

#8 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(hugoboss1 @ Aug 29 2005, 10:09 AM)
ummmmm if its real time don't you think he needs a helmet??? that is not realtime maybe when you are customizing your player you will have thise pics but the question is gameplay and real time stuff till you dont see all 22 guys on the field on a screen dont beliive squat.
he looks like he is checking out the cheerleaders..

View Post

Well there were 22 guys on the field with helmet in the commercial.. tongue.gif

Just because it not IN GAME doesn't mean it's not REAL TIME. Real Time mean that the 360 hardware is actually rendering the image on the fly rather than just playing a video file. Many Many Many games have real time cut scenes where the actual graphics engine is used to render a scene on the fly that is not actually IN GAME and playable for the player.

We'll be seeing lots more of that with the 360 because the graphics capabilities will be that much more powerful. Not to mention it's easier for developers to just use the graphics engine to produce a cut scene, it's quicker and more coherent for the player, and it takes up less disc space.

With all that said there is no way to actually prove or disprove whether this is part of a pre-rendered VIDEO or REAL TIME.

Though considering that these aren't part of a commercial, the low poly count of portions of the model, the lack of graphical effect and the fact that there are lots of things missing from the scene it looks like a WIP image and I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually real time.

Madden 06 was the first Madden to NOT be released on the PS1... that means they're probably going to support the 360 version for the Next ten years, meaning you'll see Madden 2016 on the 360 down the road. It's really in their best interests to create the best engine they can for the 360 and do it as soon as possible that way they can continue to use it for the next 10 years without have to rebuilt it for future releases.

#9 hugoboss1

hugoboss1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:23 PM

I agree they need to get that engine going soon that what ive been upset about that same dam engine thats why when 2k5 came out i was so impressed to play something new a smooth..madden needs this bad.Ill drink to that beerchug.gif

#10 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:31 PM

for those of you who think that this screenshot isn't capable on the 360... deftones brought up a good point here:
http://forums.xbox-s...dpost&p=2884925

that screenshot doesn't even look as good as NFL 2K5 on the current gen Xbox laugh.gif

#11 hugoboss1

hugoboss1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:13 PM

So if ea bought the rights to the nfl does that mean that no one can release a game?

because if thats true they should just do like college and put jersey #,s or let you create the names of players and let you edit to the real players in the nfl..shoulnt that be a way around it?? or like a fantasy type game just creat your teams using any name but attributes are real or bassed on camp on each profile..we might be on to something who wants to pitch this idea to 2k because ive tried..and no answer and i think that its a good idea does anyone agree?

Help save the 2k franchise imagine the same stuff with no variety for years..

Edited by hugoboss1, 29 August 2005 - 06:18 PM.

#12 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 29 2005, 12:42 PM)
for those of you who think that this screenshot isn't capable on the 360... deftones brought up a good point here:
http://forums.xbox-s...dpost&p=2884925

that screenshot doesn't even look as good as NFL 2K5 on the current gen Xbox  laugh.gif

View Post

beerchug.gif

#13 hugoboss1

hugoboss1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:21 PM

beerchug.gif you cant hang with me

#14 hugoboss1

hugoboss1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:32 PM

Did anyone here have the football game that came out for the sega cd.it was like san fran vs dallas it was all real time crap all you did was pick a play well that was next gen at the time i believe.

Im tired of cartoon football lets see how it plays real time i dont care about facial expresion hell you barely see that on tv i just want some hard hitting go for the bomb football with good looking fields whether effects and over all quick responsive controls and a diff interface when choosing plays with more details

I can care less about how the cheer leaders look or the blimp or the pimp with the limp i want some realistic football were you can hit a guy late if you want and hurt him but be ready for a fine or being kicked out of the game now thats reality football if you lead with your head someone can get hurt and it will cost you.. mad.gif why not now a days you shoot people in games steal their car i want football were you might have a scuffle it really happens.you hit someone late and it might come back arround.

Edited by hugoboss1, 29 August 2005 - 06:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users