mx823

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Motocross...
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:15 PM

Question

So,if you put modded files on a non stock hdd(lets say... modded ___ maps) and play that game on live,even if the filename for the map is the same...it will ban your hdd,eeprom,and flag your gt entirely?

Lets use an example-Halo2(sorry mods mellow.gif )
You put modded maps on your non stock hdd,mod chips off and so is your softmod.You play halo2,modded map is renamed with the stock map name,you play live with it...it will ban your xbox entirely?not just from matchmaking? unsure.gif

#17 the free man

the free man

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:24 PM

can someone tell me what you mean as in live not found because i can get RSS feeds from XBMC but my bro is a tard ass because he did not turn the modchip off but he said he didnt get online anyways so i figured i was screwed and tried troubleshooter and now it says instantly No connection found or unnable to connect you need a dsl brodband try theese bla bla etc pop.gif

#18 BooDaddy

BooDaddy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:56 AM

Hey all, I have a few questions. First let me describe what has happened.

I am using a xecuter 2.3 pro, with a 40 gig locked upgrade drive. I was a live member BEFORE the upgrades

I went on live a year or so ago with the mod chip off, and then I got the "modified hardware" error. So I can assume my gamertag is flagged, as well as my current eeprom and hdd. I am also using this same gamertag on my 360... I just want the ole xbox "live"able for Halo 2 lan partys. (someone always needs a box smile.gif )

My questions:

1. Are my above assumption correct?
2. Can I solve this by simply reflashing my EEPROM with a single unbanned eeprom and replace my hdd with a new single, unbanned, and locked HDD?

3. Wheres a good place to get a single unbanned eeprom?

You can email me at boodaddy@markofshame.com, or just reply here. Thanks for all the info.

#19 brokenmemory12

brokenmemory12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:59 AM

im sorry, but im kinda new to this. and i was wondering if you could help me with this.
i called up microsoft because i couldnt get on live. they told me that everything was fine, except that my xbox/eeprom was banned. now i know that i need a new virgin eeprom, but how do i know if my gamertag is flagged or not? does it become flagged no matter what, even if my hdd wasnt banned just my eeprom?
ooo and i wouldnt call

a married unbanned hdd + single unbanned eeprom polygamy,
more like a divorce seeing that the married hdd cant go to
its old spouse without getting banned.
tongue.gif

#20 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(brokenmemory12 @ Mar 15 2008, 09:35 PM) View Post

im sorry, but im kinda new to this. and i was wondering if you could help me with this.
i called up microsoft because i couldnt get on live. they told me that everything was fine, except that my xbox/eeprom was banned. now i know that i need a new virgin eeprom, but how do i know if my gamertag is flagged or not? does it become flagged no matter what, even if my hdd wasnt banned just my eeprom?
ooo and i wouldnt call

a married unbanned hdd + single unbanned eeprom polygamy,
more like a divorce seeing that the married hdd cant go to
its old spouse without getting banned.
tongue.gif

unless theyve changed something in the past 2 years both your eeprom and your HD are banned, and your GT is flagged, youd need a virgin eeprom and an unbanned stock HD

QUOTE(brokenmemory12 @ Mar 15 2008, 09:35 PM) View Post
they told me that everything was fine, except that my xbox/eeprom was banned.

and this part made me laugh, kinda like your doctor telling you "you're in perfect health, except you have cancer"

Edited by lordvader129, 16 March 2008 - 07:56 PM.

#21 sdtrojans3

sdtrojans3

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

i know this is old and please forgive me for being new to all this and ignorant.... but does this pertain to the xbox 360 as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users