heydockyle

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:28 PM

Ok, i unlocked my harddrive, and i am now getting the 05 error nomatter what i do, how do i fix it?

#2 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:32 PM

your hard drive has to be locked in order to use it (unless you have a mod-chip). so youre going to have to lock it, but you have to have the eeprom. if you do not have the eeprom, you are going to need a mod-chip.

#3 heydockyle

heydockyle

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:36 PM

It is softmodded, and i used evox's ability to unlock it, is there some program where i can plug the hd into my computer and it will unlock it like evox locked it

#4 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:44 PM

Hopefully your eeprom.bin is already somewhere on your unlocked hdd.. Get xboxhdm 1.9, and look with the filemanager (this is done with the xbox hdd in your pc).. If you find the eeprom.bin them xboxhdm can lock it again... If you can't find it you will need to atleast borrow a chip..
What softmod package did you use?

#5 heydockyle

heydockyle

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:48 PM

I used action replay and used the Mechassualt Exploit V 1.7.5 off of Xbins, and that was a treat, well i guess i am going to have to open up the xbox, and would i need to take the hd out of my computer to put the xbox one in, or is there another slot where it would go?

#6 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:00 PM

Sounds like ltools.. Look in e:\backup\ for eeprom.bin..
You DO want to replace your pc hdd with the xbox one.. (The xboxhdm cd is a boot cd) and its designed to work best when the hdd is on primary master (where pc hdd is now)..

#7 heydockyle

heydockyle

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:19 PM

Yep, it was Itools, and i hated them

Ok, i am going to do one of these 2 things

#1 Put the xbox harddrive in my computer and try to get my password

#2 Buy a Solderless Xecuter 3 Modchip and go from there

No i have some questions for both

#1 If i take my pc harddrive out, put the xbox on in, lock it and then put my pc hd back in, will i have to format either one of them, or will they both start up just like they did before?

#2 If i get the Solderless Xecuter 3 do i have to buy a control panel add-on?
Here is the link to the page where i am buying the chip.
http://www.extreme-m...8777c51b-p.html

Now, what exactly does the Control Panel Add-On do, and do i need that to start the xbox up and lock it, or can i just install the chip, start the xbox up ftp a locking program over to the xbox and lock it?

I really appreciate all of ur help

#8 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:29 PM

If you lock your hdd then everything should be back to normal.. Absolutely NO reason to buy a chip, especially a solderless x3! One thing I should point out is you don't even know what the chip can do, so you will almost positively waste whatever gimmicky potential it has.. Also, if you ever traffic your xbox to friend's places etc then the last thing you want is a solderless chip!

IMO modchips are only worth while to dev's, or ppl with bad eeprom/tsop's.. 99% of the time ppl in your shoes can find the eeprom.bin on the unlocked hdd..

#9 heydockyle

heydockyle

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:36 PM

Well, my mom isnt going to let me take the hd out of her computer, so i have to get the mod chip, like i said would that work? Just put the modchip and and lock it?

The xbox is going to be stationary, it aint going anywhere. And, what is the control panel add-on for?

#10 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:27 PM

You don't even need to lock it.. Not if you get a chip.. Ironcally though, your hdd w't boot with a chip since its softmodded.. You would need an evox cd to boot/remake the hdd..
It would be soo much less work if you just went ahead and did it when she was gone.. All you need to do is unplug the cable/power from her hdd, and plug it into the xbox hdd, no need to actually remove it.. There is no task inside a pc that involves less risk than this.. The toughest part is opening her case..
(Well actually opening the xbox might be the toughest part if you don't have #10/15/20 torx screwdrivers:)

#11 heydockyle

heydockyle

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:08 PM

Well, it already has the evox dash on it, so does that mean i am going to have to redo the whole hd or something?

#12 BuddyLeeX

BuddyLeeX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:59 PM

if you have the EEPROM on some type of media "your pc hd, floppy, cd, etc" then you can make a xboxhdm cd with it on it (obtained from usual places) and boot it up on ur computer with ur xbox hd attached to ur primary ide controller, master, and re lock ur hd.

#13 heydockyle

heydockyle

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:19 PM

I already said that i dont have any trace of the eeprom anywhere, that is why i bought the chip

#14 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:19 PM

If you have a friend with a modded xbox (not softmodded), you could just put you hdd in his xbox (make sure that you unlock his hdd first and write down the hdd key from configmagic), grab an evox disc or something that will allow ftp capabilities, get the hddinfo.txt file, open configmagic (hopefully you have it, or get an autoinstaller to put it on there like Auto Installer Deluxe v2.11, use configmagic to edit on the fly eeprom and change the 32 character text to the one from the hddinfo.txt file, lock the hdd and you are all set.

#15 heydockyle

heydockyle

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:37 PM

That would work, but i dont have any friends with modded xboxs, so i am using my own modchip that i will be installing

Edited by heydockyle, 30 August 2005 - 11:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users