• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DistortedFigure

DistortedFigure

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 04:29 AM

I need help with my xbox it freezes whenrever i try to sign on to live. it all started a little over a week ago, i was using flashfxp to delete my cache. i also deleted evrything in the x,y, and z folders. there were certain files in the z folder i believe there was a folder named "fonts" so i did the dummy thing of ignoring and deleting it.when i loaded h2 i notice that there werent any letters no numbers evrything was fine but i couldnt see any letters couldnt see profiles gts nothing, tthen i realized that folder i deleted must have been the h2 fonts but wat was it doing in the z folder?so i tried to put a folder back with the h2 fonts but that did nothing i tried to replace ervrything on the hdd with the stuff on my 80gig hdd. did that evry time i time i try to go on xbl i couldnt the xbox freezes and i noticed my gamer tags were missing and some games like h2 didnt work if they had an etherenet cord hooked up they just froze. now i dont know wat to do i tried evrything

#2 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:21 AM

Sounds like you erased some important files. I don't know what files, since there are many.

This is what I would do:

1- Using a gamesave manager, backup all your gamesaves to your PC.
2- Using Slayers Auto installer, rebuild your HDD to stock form.
3- Re-install your aplications, homebrew, dashboards, etc. Having a prior backup would help a lot with this specific step.
4- Using the gamesave manager again, copy your gamesaves back into your box.

Also, once you're done rebuilding to stock, make sure Live works, just create any profile so you can gonnect to HALO 2, wich is the one with the problem, and download whatever you have to download. Run account recovery if necessary. And make sure the maps will load just fine.

Good luck mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users