6 replies to this topic

#1 scrano

scrano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 04:43 AM

I have flashed SST49LF020 mod to the M8 Evox bios and my machine seems to be working fine but when I run the Bios checker it has a list which basically says:
CHIP TYPE > LPC based (SST49LF020)
512k bioses:
1.Bios > Unknown
MD5 Hash =11B2EB01215A66A98081724A4C0FE93E
2.Bios > Unknown
and then a similar thing
and then it has a list for 256k bioses whick lists 4 bioses all as unknown. I figure this is to do with adding all of those new hashes into evox.ini but I can't remember where I saw it or how to add them. Can anyone help please?
Also I'm wanting to upgrade my hard drive to a 140 gig drive from the retail one can anyone recommend a particular brand or doesn't it matter as long as it's IDE and it's able to be set to slave/master?

#2 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 August 2005 - 04:50 AM

Read this thread----> Bios Hash List it may help you. beerchug.gif

#3 scrano

scrano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:02 AM

Thanx for the link. Do I overwrite the existing lines in the .ini or do I just tack them on the end? Any advice on a 140 gig HD would be appreciated i.e brand or model? By the way how do I kill something that I've accidentally posted twice? Thanx

Edited by scrano, 28 August 2005 - 05:10 AM.

#4 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE(scrano @ Aug 27 2005, 09:13 PM)
Thanx for the link. Do I overwrite the existing lines in the .ini or do I just tack them on the end? Any advice on a 140 gig HD would be appreciated i.e brand or model? By the way how do I kill something that I've accidentally posted twice? Thanx

View Post

Ya just copy that whole list, overwriting your originals, in that area of your ini.

But be advised that if you have edited your bios in anyway(color, igr, lba48,etc) then the hash will be different.

Any major brand of ide(pata) hardrives, will be fine... I always use maxtors and never have a problem.

You cant scrap a thread, you have to ask a mod to close it.

Edited by StrictPuppet, 28 August 2005 - 05:23 AM.

#5 scrano

scrano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:31 AM

Thanx for the help StrictPuppet it's been very helpful. Is there a guide around here explaining when why and how you would modify your bios? As far as I know I haven't edited it at all. I've tweaked settings for IGR in the .ini file and changed my menu layout that's all. Thanx once again

#6 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:42 AM

Well bios checker really isnt all that useful anyway IMO.

The only reason to mod a bios is to patch it for large drive support or add igr(preferred over dash igr) or change the colors of the flubber ani or x logo.

If your chip supports 512k banks then the new 512k xecuter bioses are worth a look, they can be configged with an .ini file to make any changes to above features. There are some .ini file generating programs available for them as well.. if you wanna try them out.

Glad to help, good luck. beerchug.gif

#7 scrano

scrano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:09 AM

When I use the bios checker it lists 512k bioses and 256k bioses does this mean that my chip supports 512k banks?
Under 512k bioses there are two bios listings but they both show the same hash number which is: 11B2EB01215A66A98081724A4C0FE93E
Under 256k bioses there are four listings which are all the same hash number which is: 860C69A33B2D73284DAE8D9F561C3B77 Is there any reason why they wouldn't be reporting back as being Evox M8 in the Bios Checker besides the bios having been edited 'cause I'm reasonably certain I haven't done that. When I have Slayers install Disc 2.6 inserted it shows the bios on the menu as being Evox M8 but when I boot to the Evox menu it shows as unknown. Should I create my own rom line for the .ini file or just not worry about it? Thanx in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users