5 replies to this topic

#1 fromunda cheese

fromunda cheese

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:45 AM

About last week my xbox started acting up. If the xbox is on and is moved even the slightest amount it will power off. Sometimes when I hit the eject button to put a disk in it moves a drop and powers off.

It is a v1.0 xbox with an xecuter 3 mod and a 250 gb hard drive. I tried 3 different power cables including the new power cable with the reset buttons that I got from xbox. I'm confident the xbox is the problem.

Is there anyway to fix this problem? Please let me know. Thanks.

#2 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:55 AM

Take a look at the almigthy POWER CORD CONSPIRACY. This is not only shocking that MS would lie to everybody, but it offers a way to fix your power supply. In fact, take a look at where they resoldered the joints on the bottom of the power supply. That is most likely where your problem lies. My friend's actually fried the solder right off and once re-soldered, I haven't had a problem since.

#3 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:56 AM

open it up and check the power supply for any burned marks. v1.0 usually have a bad power supply, I've fixed a couple already. edit: yep, what textbook said.

Edited by chorizo1, 28 August 2005 - 07:57 AM.

#4 fromunda cheese

fromunda cheese

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:25 AM

I can't believe how bad MS dropped the ball on this. I'm going to take a trip back to the guy who modded my xbox and see if they can do anything to help me out. Is anyone on here in the nyc area that would be able to fix this?

#5 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:13 AM

If you have a soldering iron, fix it yourself. It's nothing like trying to solder a d0. The points to solder are seriously as big as one of the motherboard screw heads. If you can't solder to that, then you must have some serious health problems or you smoke too much crack. Anybody could solder these points, do it yourself if you have a soldering iron. It's really, really easy.

#6 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE(Textbook @ Aug 29 2005, 03:24 AM)
If you have a soldering iron, fix it yourself.  It's nothing like trying to solder a d0.  The points to solder are seriously as big as one of the motherboard screw heads.  If you can't solder to that, then you must have some serious health problems or you smoke too much crack.  Anybody could solder these points, do it yourself if you have a soldering iron.  It's really, really easy.

View Post

I got a friend of mine to do his own, you should have seen him sweat and shake, LOL, even like that he soldered it. It is pretty easy, and will save you some cash. make sure that is your problem first though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users