ZildjianKX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 August 2005 - 03:45 AM

Well, from the recent Xbox 360 brochure that is leaked on the front page, they mentioned that there is co-op via XBL for Perfect Dark Zero.

Anyone think there will be co-op system-link mode? It's great playing co-op over live, sure, but I love playing co-op right next to someone on two TVs (and I don't think two xboxes can sign onto live with one router because of port conflicts).

An interesting question that I want to bring up, since Xbox 360 is so Live based, do you think they will exclude system-link modes in a lot of titles?

#2 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 August 2005 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE(ZildjianKX @ Aug 29 2005, 12:56 AM)
Well, from the recent Xbox 360 brochure that is leaked on the front page, they mentioned that there is co-op via XBL for Perfect Dark Zero.

Anyone think there will be co-op system-link mode?  It's great playing co-op over live, sure, but I love playing co-op right next to someone on two TVs (and I don't think two xboxes can sign onto live with one router because of port conflicts).

An interesting question that I want to bring up, since Xbox 360 is so Live based, do you think they will exclude system-link modes in a lot of titles?

View Post

I'm with you all the way on this one.

Coop Lan is my favorite by far.

Live is great and all, but nothing like having a pal nearby.

I dont think syslink modes will be neglected. Xbox has been Live based for going on 3 years and Lan is still put into most of the games. Well the ones I like anyways tongue.gif

It had better not be neglected!! grr.gif

More importantly..

are those pics representative of the actual game?

If so, Im passing and getting Condemned in its place.

TGS can't get here soon enough!

#3 Moleman

Moleman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Aug 28 2005, 11:03 PM)
I'm with you all the way on this one.

Coop Lan is my favorite by far.

Live is great and all, but nothing like having a pal nearby.

I dont think syslink modes will be neglected. Xbox has been Live based for going on 3 years and Lan is still put into most of the games. Well the ones I like anyways  tongue.gif

It had better not be neglected!!  grr.gif

More importantly..

are those pics representative of the actual game?

If so, Im passing and getting Condemned in its place.

TGS can't get here soon enough!

View Post

Condemned? huh.gif I'm dissapointed Deftech. tsk, tsk, tsk

#4 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:43 AM

lol why?

the last vid in HD looked great. More detective work and less beatdowns. Its one of the few games that will even have a single player story at launch. Oblivions the only other, the rest are Live/Lan mayhem types blink.gif

Im probably getting it anyways, but it'll be an easier purchase if PDzero bites the big one.

#5 Moleman

Moleman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:03 PM

Well, judging by the video I saw, it looked like Doom 3 with a stick, but if you have any fresh material, I'd like to see it.

#6 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:11 PM

I have to agree the latest condemned trailers looked WAY more interesting than what we saw in the past.

Basically it looked like an adventure horror that played like an FPS. So imagine Resident Evil/Silent Hill/etc but with the Doom 3 engine beerchug.gif

Though I think if PD0 flops then I'll be going for Prey or Quake 4, depending on which one is available/looks better at launch.

Here's hopping DOA finally has a storyline attached to it. It's an amazing fighter but hell the first Street Fighter 2 had better character stories than DOA does. That's one thing Mortal Kombat does well... fantastic story for a fighter. MK: Deception's "Konquest" mode was amazing and had me playing that game solo for months on end beerchug.gif

#7 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:29 PM

Preys at launch!?

#8 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Aug 29 2005, 11:40 AM)
Preys at launch!?

View Post

Prey's release date has yet to be announced... but I'd play that over Quake 4 so if it's available at launch... it's getting my cash wink.gif

#9 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 29 2005, 02:24 PM)
Prey's release date has yet to be announced... but I'd play that over Quake 4 so if it's available at launch... it's getting my cash  wink.gif

View Post

same here. id take prey over q4 really fast.

#10 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 August 2005 - 08:11 PM

Yeah, if Prey's date was announced for the launch window, it would be my obvious first on the list.

I'm still debating whether or not to get Oblivion instead of a shooter (PD0 or Quake 4).

#11 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:47 PM

I hope they still have a splitscreen co-op, I can't fit in two 32 inchers in my room.

I wonder if they will still have the counter co-op where you go through the story modes and one person is on Jo's team and the other dataDyne's (or what ever the bad corp is in theis game). That would be good.

#12 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:20 PM

Ozy...how ya been bro

where have you been hiding?

tongue.gif

#13 SupremeWarlord

SupremeWarlord

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:XBOX<br />XBOX 360<br />Halo<br />Halo 2
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(ZildjianKX @ Aug 28 2005, 10:56 PM)

Anyone think there will be co-op system-link mode?  It's great playing co-op over live, sure, but I love playing co-op right next to someone on two TVs (and I don't think two xboxes can sign onto live with one router because of port conflicts).

View Post

Two Xboxs can log on live through the same router. I've had four sign on my router before and it was fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users