4 replies to this topic

#1 autiger

autiger

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:43 AM

I was just wanting to know if anyone had heard about any features that were being put into Condemned to up it's replay value?? I am really excited about this game and am seriously thinking about picking it up at launch, but really I don't know if I should buy it or rent it....if there are features that warrant a few play throughs, like i don't know minigames (such as in Resident Evil 4) and other sorts of things, then I will probably pick it up at launch (if it is still indeed going to be a launch title)...so what do you all think? Anyone heard much about it other than IGN's early impressions?

#2 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:44 AM

nope

atleast I havent heard anything sad.gif

#3 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:14 PM

Dunno how anyone could be excited about this game or willing to spend money on it. I put this in the 'Blue Stinger' Dreamcast launch category. A game which looks good at the time of launch that people buy for the sake of having another launch game, then a few months later when decent games come out they are embarrassed and confused at why they bothered in the first place.

#4 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:25 PM

Well it's being published by Sega and they don't typically put their name behind crap titles....

The developer is known for PC work... and is the same developer making that F.E.A.R. game that also looks amazing...

Also have you seen the latest trailers... My first impression of the game I thought it was quite possibly one of the shittiest titles announced, though as of late it's slowly working it's way into my TOP 5. Maybe not a game I pickup at launch but something I'll get before the end of the year beerchug.gif

Blue Stinger was OK... it only had 2 problems really 1: crappy animation and 2: the port from the Japanese release was VERY rushed, meaning the translations were poor, and the voice acting sucked, not to mention things that were censored to meet ESRB standards were done so poorly. Aside from the animation the problem wasn't with the game itself so much as the rushed US release of the game. It was still a really fun adventure game if you could get past the animations and godzilla-esque voices.

#5 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:28 PM

Blue Stinger...

that brings back memories

holy poops its been 6 years since I played that ph34r.gif