33 replies to this topic

#1 DrEggman

DrEggman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 11:00 AM

I have access to a XBox Live Beta Unit. Its a debug unit converted to test xbox live games for ISPs. Its transparent green, has 128 MB of RAM, and the BIOS number is 4039. The dashboard looks like any standard Xbox V1.0 Dash. No saved games, no music. This xbox rejects Copies, Originals, and DVDs. When inserting an original, it simply tells me that I cant play it without a DVD dongle. Even when I use the dongle, nothing happens for Originals or DVD movies. So I proceeded to install a LPC chip, later found out that the debug unit is running off of a different RC4 key so any standard chip would not funtion. I tried obtaining a RC4 Key for Debug units so I could re-encrypt a evox BIOS using the RC4 found in the debug units. THis would allow me to flash my LPC chip (256k) and run it in my xbox. Only problem is that I was never able to get ahold of the key. So I started looking for 512k Flashroms. I discovered one in a old Apex 1500 DVD player that no longer produced audio. since this model was flash upgradeable, I renamed XBOXROM.BIN to the file used in my APEX player. It erased and flashed successfully. My next problem came from my lack of knowledge with chips. It was my understanding that this was a LPC chip and attached it accordingly. Later, I found out that this was in fact a regular flashrom shaped like a LPC. I placed my flashrom onto a PCB with switches installed for disabling the chip for TSOP flashing. But after wiring the chip up I recieved no video or audio, just on and off 3 times and red/green flashing. THis is usually caused by bad soldering (Checked each point at least 10 times over) or a bad BIOS. It came to mind that the homebrew point where designed for a 256k chip so I found updated information to solder point 1 on the chip to A18. Still no go. Then, what scared me is that after disabling the chip (points 32, wire connected to 32, and 16(5V-Ground)) It still would not boot. I paniced a bit thinking that I ruined a Xbox Live Beta Unit. The chip is a Amix A29040AL-70. I made sure to add a 10uF cap to point 32 and 16 (5v and ground) but still had no luck.

Before wiring everything, I tried hotswapping the drive to install the debug dashboard thinking that it was simply in 'retail mode'. This, hoever, was not the case and ended up giving me a error 13 on bootup or error 14 when inserting a disc.

Lets review a little:
This xbox will not boot signed or unsigned code. So no matter what you tell me to run, it wont work.

This xbox has a different RC4 key preventing me from using 256k BIOSs.

This is a debug unit converted to a beta box. This will not allow you to run the debug dashboard. (or the recovery disc)

I have 3 options at this point.

1) Obtain, or find someone who has the RC4 Key and decrypt a Evox BIOS and re-encrypt it using the Debug RC4. Then flash it to a 256k LPC chip.

2) Purchase a 1,024MB LPC chip and flash it with a debug BIOS.

3) Find a way for 007 to boot on this machine and raincoat the TSOP.

If anyone here has ever used one of these units or has access to programs that run on this machine, please respond.

Also, before you tell me that a Evox BIOS re-encrypted wont work, some others allready have done this a long time ago but nothing was ever released.

#2 rjm2k

rjm2k

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 11:13 AM

Sounds complicated, why on earth did you buy it?

#3 Novahux

Novahux

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 April 2003 - 11:15 AM

You type too much for a nooB, Whith out pictures I don't belive shit. I didn't belive my grandmother was dead until my sister sent me photos of the funeral. jester.gif

Note: this is not a flame beerchug.gif

But if you have had that much access to it, why don't you have photos.
digital cameras are cheaper than a week of large BigMAC meals.

#4 DrEggman

DrEggman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 11:36 AM

user posted image

Good enough for ya?

#5 Novahux

Novahux

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 11:43 AM

Thats more like it. wink.gif
But can you make the IMG a bit larger jester.gif just kidding.

Now to try and make sense of what your typed uhh.gif

Edited by Novahux, 09 April 2003 - 11:45 AM.

#6 methadone_pretty

methadone_pretty

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:05 PM

what do you mean its been converted to test live games for ISPs - whats been done to it?

#7 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:27 PM

did you try one of the multibios's?like the x2 4976.02 or similar?maybe that'll work

#8 DrEggman

DrEggman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:32 PM

MS made it so it could only play xblive betas.

#9 RSX_Integra

RSX_Integra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (DrEggman @ Apr 9 2003, 12:36 PM)

Good enough for ya?

BURN!!!!! biggrin.gif laugh.gif jester.gif rotfl.gif

RSX

#10 trackfive

trackfive

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:42 PM

clean up your desk while you're at it.

#11 DrEggman

DrEggman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:43 PM

productive posts only please

#12 SupeRdUPErBlakE

SupeRdUPErBlakE

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, computing. Anything Geeky and I'm in. :)

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:48 PM

DrEggman, arent you the guy that made the resident evil GC? and also, where did you get your hands on that box??

#13 DrEggman

DrEggman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:50 PM

Yes.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

Accually, some guy had a few of these but didnt keep interest in them since they dont boot anything. So I traded my modded box and $40 for it.

Edited by DrEggman, 09 April 2003 - 12:52 PM.

#14 SupeRdUPErBlakE

SupeRdUPErBlakE

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:52 PM

So, where can I get a tut on changing out my LED for my GC? I have looked EVERYWHERE!!

#15 SupeRdUPErBlakE

SupeRdUPErBlakE

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (DrEggman @ Apr 9 2003, 01:32 PM)
MS made it so it could only play xblive betas.

How would it play XBLive games if it doesent play games? Does it download to the HD from MS server or somthing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users