#1 Bleak

Bleak

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 03:19 PM

Hey guys,
I modded my Xbox a while back and ever since then, games which support 720p don't work properly. All i get is a black screen, although the audio is fine. I thought it was perhaps the t.v. or maybe my Monster cables but i suspect now it has something to do with my mod. Is this even possible?

Thanks.

#2 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:11 PM

I don't know much about HD cause I'm broke. But you may stand a better chance of getting a response in the AUDIO/VIDEO FORUM.
Good luck.

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:15 PM

I will move this to AV Technical as I think someone in there will be more familiar with this problem.

#4 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE(Bleak @ Aug 29 2005, 08:30 AM)
Hey guys,
    I modded my Xbox a while back and ever since then, games which support 720p don't work properly. All i get is a black screen, although the audio is fine. I thought it was perhaps the t.v. or maybe my Monster cables but i suspect now it has something to do with my mod. Is this even possible?

Thanks.

View Post

Are you sure 720p ever worked? It really sounds like your TV doesn't support 720p.

Also, if you used a modchip, turn it off, and see if 720p comes back. That would test whether it was the hacked bios you are running on your chip.

#5 Bleak

Bleak

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE(Mr Ed @ Aug 30 2005, 07:51 AM)
Are you sure 720p ever worked?  It really sounds like your TV doesn't support 720p.

Also, if you used a modchip, turn it off, and see if 720p comes back.  That would test whether it was the hacked bios you are running on your chip.

View Post

Yeah, it supports 480p, 720p and 1080i. I used to play X-men Legends in 720 all the time.
Unfortunately, due to frequent problems, i have to leave my chip in enabled mode all the time. I can't turn it off anymore. I may have to rent another Xbox or something and see if that one works in 720 mode okay.

#6 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE(Bleak @ Aug 30 2005, 05:58 AM)
Yeah, it supports 480p, 720p and 1080i. I used to play X-men Legends in 720 all the time.
    Unfortunately, due to frequent problems, i have to leave my chip in enabled mode all the time. I can't turn it off anymore. I may have to rent another Xbox or something and see if that one works in 720 mode okay.

View Post

Then you need to correct the problem with your modded XBOX. The chip needs to be disabled for loading XBOX Live games, etc. The modchip shouldn't stand in the way of that. Use slayers to restore your drive to a decent condition. beerchug.gif

#7 Bleak

Bleak

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE(Mr Ed @ Sep 1 2005, 05:32 AM)
Then you need to correct the problem with your modded XBOX.  The chip needs to be disabled for loading XBOX Live games, etc.  The modchip shouldn't stand in the way of that.  Use slayers to restore your drive to a decent condition. beerchug.gif

View Post

Well i tried fixing all that and 720 still doesn't work. And now when i enable 720 for my HD satellite i get the black screen as well. And of course the place we bought the t.v. is no longer in business. *sigh*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users