• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mathematicsix

mathematicsix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:02 PM

ive installed a xenium s.p. ice flashed an evox m8 bios for 1.6 and installed slayers auto installer final. i dont have an ethernet port on my computer (its kinda old). but both the slayers and the evox bios were burned to the same type of cd-rw and my xbox read them perfectly. when i tried to burn mamedox to the same batch of cd-rw to install it on my xbox boxplorer says that it has nothing on the disk. i was just wondering if there was a specific way you had to burn files or maybe im overlooking somthing. i did everything the same as the other discs that worked. some help would be appreciated. oh by the way i was using nero 6 and memorex cd-rws.

#2 fierygt

fierygt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:16 PM

Usually, to flash a bios via cd, you can burn as a data disc. Now, for an xbox to read a dvdrom as a "bootable" disc, the .xbe must be renamed as "default.xbe", and then made into an xiso, using craxtion, or qwix. You then burn the image to a cdrw/dvdr, or whatever media, as an image.

#3 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 August 2005 - 01:55 PM

Use something else to see if the disc is burned right or not.
If you run UIX and install the disc it'll pop up with what kind of disc it is and ask if you want to run it. If t can't read the disc it'll tell you that too.
Evox can show what type of disc it is too.
If UIX or Evox can read it and boxplorer can't... then I dont know what the problem could be. But if none of them can then you know the burn was bad.
I use SimpleXiso to burn my isos and haven't had a problem yet.

#4 blue bandicoot

blue bandicoot

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:13 PM

its also possible that your dvd drive cant read cd-rws, which would mean that it shows up as there being nothing in the dvd drive

#5 blue bandicoot

blue bandicoot

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(mathematicsix @ Aug 30 2005, 07:13 AM)
but both the slayers and the evox bios were burned to the same type of cd-rw and my xbox read them perfectly.

View Post

nevermind!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users