#1 jine4

jine4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:32 PM

ok some background first:
1. i am a n00b
2. i bought a modded xbox so i don't know much about what was done to it.
3. i think it was tsop flashed because there's no modchip in it and i was told it's not a softmod because after the green flubber animation i get a screen with a blue X and xecutor2 at the bottom. it's version 1.0 and the bios is 4980

i want to change the dashboard and clean up the C drive. right now it runs thc
(which is named evoxdash.xbe or something like that). i want to have avalaunch and unleashx (one of them loading on start up) - both are in their own dirs on C: right now and can be run as apps but don't load by default.

so i think i can change the dashboard by deleting all thc crap and copying and renaming avalaunch or unleash into C:\evoxdash.xbe along with their config files. is that the correct proceduree?

what other files/dirs on C: are required for normal operation? i want to get rid of all the garbage and leave only what's necessary. i have the two fonts in C:\fonts dir and i also have the same two fonts in root of C: i think those can be deleted, right?

just don't want to screw up my new toy.

thanks

#2 joemccrackin

joemccrackin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:lots of boing stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:54 PM

The bios is what chooses what dashboard to start up. If you have a tsop flash,

get an m8 bios from the usual places,

edit it on EVtool to load these dashes in this order: 1) "Avalaunch" [whatever the filename is] 2) evoxdash then 3) xboxdash.

FTP to the box. create a c:/bios directory and put the edited bios in it. Check around to see what size bios you need for your tsop.

Get a copy of slayers auto installer and follow instructions on how to flash tsop using cd.

dont mess up or you'll need a modchip installed to recover.

Get verification on my help b4 you do it. I'm like ~90% certain you can do this way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users