#1 Cheator

Cheator

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:12 AM

While I have never modded my xboxs personally, I have a friend that can solder (thats the only thing I don't know how to do smile.gif ).

So I got this free Xbox v1.0 and I got my friend to mod it. He uses Xecuter 2.6 chips. He worked around the problem the initial bios has with early xboxs (Something about the video coming up black otherwise). I can't remember what he mentioned about it.

Anyway, After he flashed it to a reasonably recent bios it worked fine, he put in my 80 gig western digital drive and all was well.

One thing he did mention to me though is that when the xbox is coming form a cold boot (turning on after a while of being off) we have to power it on and off a few times (sometimes up to ten) before it will boot to the bios. After it boots, when you try to run a game (at least off the hard drive) it freezes most of the time. When it doesn't, the xbox runs fine.

I have been told this is a common problem but I haven't found an ounce of information on this thing. Excuse my ignorance if it is common, but what should I do? Is it not injecting the bios fast enough? Do I need a newer chip?

Thanks guys

#2 Code-Runner

Code-Runner

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:45 AM

Funny, I have done, what ... way over 200+ V1.0 xboxs and have never heard this is a common problem... blink.gif

There is an issue with the PSU or one of the ICs could be on it's last leg, could be a quick fix or a soon to be dead board. Without testing I can not be sure.

EDIT

I forgot, it could also be a poor install of the chip or 1 of a million chance of a bad chip (Only had a few bad chips in my time as modding but these were first run chips or testers).

Edited by Code-Runner, 31 August 2005 - 04:47 AM.

#3 Cheator

Cheator

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE(Code-Runner @ Aug 31 2005, 12:56 AM)
Funny, I have done, what ... way over 200+ V1.0 xboxs and have never heard this is a common problem...  blink.gif

There is an issue with the PSU or one of the ICs could be on it's last leg, could be a quick fix or a soon to be dead board. Without testing I can not be sure.
EDIT

I forgot, it could also be a poor install of the chip or 1 of a million chance of a bad chip (Only had a few bad chips in my time as modding but these were first run chips or testers).

View Post

Well This guy tells me that his is a 1.0 and his worked. But another guy's did sometihng similar to mine and it was a 1.0. this guy does mods all the time and its doubtful he screwed up. hes done a few of mine already. I did however seem to fix the cold boot issue by putting the stock hard drive back in. however, runnign of fthe harddrive still freezes...

#4 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:43 AM

Sounds like a d0 problem...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users