• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:XBOX
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:49 AM

Hi,

I just sold my Game cube for 100$ and my modded ps2 for 200 dollars and my regular xbox for 125 with games............and i still have my modded xbox under my wings............what did i do with all this money i went and Paid N Full my xbox 360 off.....

Not sure if i want to pre-order controllers cuz of me being stingy and not want to to play with my friends JUST XBLIVE.............I really think they are going to bring a whole new meaning to ONLINE GAMING FOR MONEY$$$ think about it I throw a Halo 3 tourney..........it cost 10$ to enter and the prize is lets say devide the people who joins plus the person who throws the tourney gets his cut.............this would me people will be able to get paid just for throwing tourneys that have the best gamers in the world and they could charge even more for bigger prizez.............just a fantasy not realy a fact i dont think.........if anyones heard of anything like this hit me up with the link................Until 360 drops i will be twiddling my thumbs and passing the GReenery.................. beerchug.gif

XBLIVE GAMERTAG: Still Tippin On

#2 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:59 AM

Someone gave you 100$us for your gamecube?! ohmy.gif

Wow. Nice sell.

I have around 320 bucks so far from my birthday and other stuff. I don't know how much I have in my bank, maybe another 100 - I'm not sure.

I'm gonna get myself another job (quit my other one in early july) so I can make myself the extra 350 or so bucks.

All canadian dollars, btw.

I might have to wait until after christmas to get the Xbox 360 (I doubt it, but it wouldn't be the worst case scenario) because I'll get some gift money.

If I have enough money for the 360 near launch, then the money I get on christmas will go towards my monitor and the expensive-ass vga cable.

btw, passing the greenery? rolleyes.gif Because drugs are cool, aren't they.

Edited by Carlo210, 31 August 2005 - 02:00 AM.

#3 JMan8108

JMan8108

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:20 AM

ive got mine preordered since like early june number 23 on the first shippment

#4 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:22 AM

I'm not preordering. I'm not 100% I'll even have the money by launch, but I should as long as I get a job soon.
Even if I don't, like I said, I could just wait until christmas and gather the gift cash. I'll have a lot of gameplay movies and video reviews to watch on gamespot.

#5 brooksie48

brooksie48

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE(JMan8108 @ Aug 30 2005, 09:31 PM)
ive got mine preordered since like early june number 23 on the first shippment

View Post

Same here, but I am dropping it for walmart or a supertarget they are building(will be finished in October).

Edited by brooksie48, 31 August 2005 - 02:23 AM.

#6 cmoerizzle

cmoerizzle

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:29 AM

I have about 140.00 on it at EBgames, on first allegation too. I'll have the rest by Oct. 20th.

#7 tayl0124

tayl0124

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE(Ray2Kay @ Aug 30 2005, 09:00 PM)
Hi,

I just sold my Game cube for 100$ and my modded ps2 for 200 dollars    and my regular xbox for 125 with games............and i still have my modded xbox under my wings............what did i do with all this money i went and Paid N Full my xbox 360 off.....

Not sure if i want to pre-order controllers cuz of me being stingy and not want to to play with my friends JUST XBLIVE.............I really think they are going to bring a whole new meaning to ONLINE GAMING FOR MONEY$$$ think about it I throw a Halo 3 tourney..........it cost 10$ to enter and the prize is lets say devide the people who joins plus the person who throws the tourney gets his cut.............this would me people will be able to get paid just for throwing tourneys that have the best gamers in the world and they could charge even more for bigger prizez.............just a fantasy not realy a fact i dont think.........if anyones heard of anything like this hit me up with the link................Until 360 drops i will be twiddling my thumbs and passing the GReenery.................. beerchug.gif

View Post

Maybe it is different in different state, but in my state this would be illegal. Like poker tourneys you can have one but if the host makes money off of it, it becomes illegal.

#8 mert8431

mert8431

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Games, music,women, ect.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 31 August 2005 - 06:55 AM

I have about 150 bucks put down at mine at Ebgames.

I sold a extra audio mixer I had for a 100 bucks, cut someones lawn for 50, so thats another 150 on its way. I just need a 100 more bucks and I'm set after that.

I'll get the system and a game from EB and then use my best buy card to go nuts once they get games and other stuff in.

#9 VariableElite

VariableElite

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE(tayl0124 @ Aug 30 2005, 10:49 PM)
Maybe it is different in different state, but in my state this would be illegal.  Like poker tourneys you can have one but if the host makes money off of it, it becomes illegal.

View Post

IANAL, but most states prohibit the organizer/host making money off of a tournament only in games of chance. LAN parties and such don't fall under that category, especially since typical PC LAN parties require resources outside of the players' equipment: an adequate venue, sufficient power, networking/Internet equipment, etc.

However, be warned: most LAN parties, even console parties, tend to lose money or barely break even, so if you're doing it for money, there are better ways.

Of course, you could go all out and try to get sponsors to donate prizes, but that kind of event takes months of planning.

As far as saving money is concerned, we've got roughly 70 days until launch (give or take). If you can come up with $7.14 a day from now until then, you'll have right under $500 for launch. It may sound like a lot, but most people can cut $7 out of what they spend in a day easily. And if you've got money already saved up, it's even easier.

#10 dewden

dewden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE(Ray2Kay @ Aug 31 2005, 03:00 AM)
Hi,

I just sold my Game cube for 100$ and my modded ps2 for 200 dollars    and my regular xbox for 125 with games............and i still have my modded xbox under my wings............what did i do with all this money i went and Paid N Full my xbox 360 off.....

View Post

Try working on your punctuation. Anyway congrats I look forward to blasting your ragdoll body on live will spitting curses out at you. GL!!!!

#11 Shutdown[Swe]

Shutdown[Swe]

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Xbox Xbox Xbox<br />

Posted 31 August 2005 - 03:15 PM

they will cost like 500$ in sweden.. lucky bastards sad.gif

EDIT: 526$ to be exact.. Damn it sucks hard sad.gif Thats for premium and not basic ..

Edited by Shutdown[Swe], 31 August 2005 - 03:20 PM.

#12 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 31 August 2005 - 03:37 PM

I have 250 for it so far, just 30 more to go but I will be spending 450 on release day, that's about $809.

Xbox premium pack
Extra wireless controller
Play and charge kit
Wireless adapter for LIVE
Perfect Dark Zero.

I suppose that is good seeing as I paid 400 for just the Xbox on release day march 14th 2002.

#13 Shutdown[Swe]

Shutdown[Swe]

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Xbox Xbox Xbox<br />

Posted 31 August 2005 - 03:39 PM

yea, not to think of that.. i have to buy those too.. anyhow a game and play and charge kit.. this will cost my shirt.

#14 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:17 PM

How much is your shirt worth? uhh.gif jester.gif

#15 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Aug 31 2005, 04:28 PM)
How much is your shirt worth?  uhh.gif  jester.gif

View Post

?

Well sell you shirt? You could get a cold. I'm sure you could work on the streets and be some sweat old guy's bitch for a week and get enough money for the X360 tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users