X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:hockey, xbox, computers, technology, modding stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:49 AM

hi i have read all the info about the 360 and i know it comes with the HD AV cable that supoorts both regualr TV's and HDTV's. The problem is i dont have an HDTV because i cant afford one. They are so expensive in canada a good one goes from atleast a grand to 2 grand. and that is for a smaller one. i cant afford that same as i cant afford a good gaming computer which is why i play xbox. The good news is though i have a 2006 model Toshiba 32" inch regular tv which produces great picture and sound. But are the graphivs going to suck on a regualr TV will it still be good on a regualr TV and if about how much of the picture quality am i getting with a reguarl TV compared to a HDTV. also on my regualr tv am i going to see the black bars on the bottom of my screen because of the widescreen games. Thanks.

#2 frOOt lOOps

frOOt lOOps

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:00 AM

sorry 2 more things would i get better resoltuion on a regular CRT computer monitor. i have tight space so it would be good and lets say a little more affordable tongue.gif would this look better than a regualr tv and what would i need to have to get this to display on my computer monitor.

#3 VariableElite

VariableElite

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:42 AM

You should be able to get better quality out of your computer monitor, as it is capable of producing progressive images. You'll need the VGA cable (MSRP $39.99 US) to do this, and you should be able to get an HD-quality image if your monitor is halfway decent.

As far as your TV is concerned, you'll be able to take advantage of most of what the 360 offers. You should notice a definite improvement over current-gen game consoles; howver, you won't be able to take advantage of 100% of the 360's graphics capabilities unless you use an HD-capable monitor. (See my first paragraph.) All developers are required by MS to support widescreen gaming; however, most developers (if not all) will add support for 4:3 (traditional) aspect ratios as well -- they don't want to alienate the 90%+ of potential buyers who don't have widescreen monitors.

Hope that answers your questions.

#4 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:04 PM

So far I'm gonna use a monitor, but I'm not playing in no 4:3 aspect - I'm gonna play in widescreen letterbox. Even if I had to use a 4:3 sd tv, widescreen letterbox it is.

#5 brokenglass

brokenglass

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Location:an IL suburb xbox:1.3 development kit paintball:Ironmen timmy
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:02 PM

i got a 50 in panasonic viera plasma, for like 60 grand with taxes and wall mounts and everything, its a great investment, for the 360 and tv in general.

#6 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:39 PM

He just said he doesn't have money for that. wink.gif

#7 hugoboss1

hugoboss1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:GAMING,HUNTING.SHOOTING,KILLING,AND GAMING.
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(brokenglass @ Sep 1 2005, 08:13 AM)
i got a 50 in panasonic viera plasma, for like 60 grand with taxes and wall mounts and everything, its a great investment, for the 360 and tv in general.

View Post

common 60 grand.you say that a good investment for xbox.

thats crazy blink.gif

#8 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 02:21 PM

He obviously meant 6 grand.

#9 frOOt lOOps

frOOt lOOps

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:10 PM

jeeze guys come on 6 grand. do you know how old i am only 15 i am goigninto grade 10 next year and i already installed an xecuter 3 by my self. that is who i make money modding xbox's and selling them games. i also make small profit off selling software and movies to them. I could say i am a bit of an allstar wiht torrents. tongue.gif anway i have a nice tv and my trainer know the guy who owns the Microplay Video game franchise like eb game sin candad so i can get a great deal.

#10 munkle

munkle

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE(frOOt lOOps @ Sep 1 2005, 03:21 PM)
jeeze guys come on 6 grand. do you know how old i am only 15 i am goigninto grade 10 next year and i already installed an xecuter 3 by my self. that is who i make money modding xbox's and selling them games. i also make small profit off selling software and movies to them. I could say i am a bit of an allstar wiht torrents. tongue.gif anway i have a nice tv and my trainer know the guy who owns the Microplay Video game franchise like eb game sin candad so i can get a great deal.

View Post

pirating games and movies, and then selling them is not good sad.gif

#11 frOOt lOOps

frOOt lOOps

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:01 AM

jeeze guys i am young and dont work i only do it to make enough money to buy an xbox 360 and pay for my xbox live service.

#12 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:09 AM

Wow, good excuse. I don't have enough money for aBMW, so I'll just steal that one across the street.

#13 VariableElite

VariableElite

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Sep 1 2005, 07:20 PM)
Wow, good excuse. I don't have enough money for aBMW, so I'll just steal that one across the street.

View Post

blink.gif Cars != Xbox games

rolleyes.gif And froot loops, you're an idiot. Downloading and selling games/movies is wrong. I doubt any one here will be able to convince you to stop (maybe when your account is banned?), but at least have the intelligence not to go bragging about it to other people.

Plus, selling modded systems with games to other kids has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. All you need is one parent asking the wrong questions to their son/daughter for the entire thing to blow up in your face. Like when a system dies, and the parents call 1-800-4MY-XBOX to wonder why their installed copy of Halo 2 doesn't play any more... iamwithstupid.gif

#14 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE(frOOt lOOps @ Sep 1 2005, 11:21 PM)

View Post

Dude, you just OPENLY admitted to a FEDERAL CRIME on the internet. You know MS im sure visits this place or some people affiliated with them and they could easly track you down and you would be in DEEP $HIT. Your talking YEARS in jail. They dont play around with that crap. Whatever you do is your business but you are risking your ass bigtime if someone was to turn you in. I know your 15 and that hasnt crossed your mind but one day when you may be sitting in jail, you'll wish you had did things differently, trust me.

Edited by Killa420, 02 September 2005 - 02:20 AM.

#15 brooksie48

brooksie48

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:18 AM

Lately there has been no crackdown on comments like this... it's about time we see an uproar. When I couldn't afford nice cars I didn't steal to try to pay for one...bastard, my brothers 15 and he doesnt steal to afford the 360.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users