• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 x_caliber

x_caliber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 03:16 AM

im looking for 4 or 8in white cold cathodes and bi-directional leds for my xbox mod.....anyone know where i can find them?

#2 sick_mate_xbox

sick_mate_xbox

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:-Skateboarding<br />-My VT Commodore<br />-Xbox Modding<br />-Rachael :)<br />-Snakes
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 September 2005 - 03:29 AM

try ebay for the cold cathodes. thats i got mine from biggrin.gif

#3 blue bandicoot

blue bandicoot

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 September 2005 - 04:20 AM

bi-directional leds?? what are those?

i mean obviously they are leds that are bi-directional, but ive never seen/heard of that before!! sounds cool!

#4 AfterTheInsanity

AfterTheInsanity

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 September 2005 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE(blue bandicoot @ Sep 1 2005, 11:31 PM)
bi-directional leds?? what are those?

i mean obviously they are leds that are bi-directional, but ive never seen/heard of that before!! sounds cool!

I think he means bicoloured leds tongue.gif Otherwise, bi-directional leds are the bicoloured ones that have two leads when you hook up lead 1 to + and lead 2 to negative its one colour, and when you reverse the connection (the direction) then the other colour lights up. Hard to explain but oh well laugh.gif

#5 blue bandicoot

blue bandicoot

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 September 2005 - 04:28 AM

oohhh haha i thought it was something like a led leads with two bulb heads on the top like a hydra led haha but point two different ways.

#6 x_caliber

x_caliber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:21 AM

yea insanity thats what im lookin for.....apparently ive been told that if you change the color of the front led's it has to be a bi-directional led....and what im lookin for is basically an led that would light up white for both directions....or a way to wire a non bi-directional so it would work but just be white....or a bi-directional led that is like white as a primary and whatever as a secondary......also if anyone has any idea were i can find preferably 2 4" white cathodes please let me know....i tried ebay and all they had in 4" was uv, green, red, blue, and i believe orange....there must be 4" white cathodes out there some place right?

#7 stephenstashko

stephenstashko

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:43 AM

There probably out there somewhere,

Ebay sux because they rape you on shipping, and I had one I bought of ebay die on me after only 3 days! Yeah the fucking inverter fried and took my cathode with it, needless to say I was pissed. grr.gif

I would look in the buy/sell forum, ther'll probably have something for you there, and a good seller that won't screw you on shipping.

I believe the leds your looking for are infact bicolour leds, go to LSdiodes.com, they're great and i'm pretty sure they have the colour combination Bicolour leds you're looking for.

If you want, you can always hook up two single 3mm colour led's of your choice on each side of the eject button assembly, It'll probably be brighter in the end if thats what you want. The bicolours are nice because if you know what you're doing it's just desolder and swap, but if you feel less confident just cut the prongs and solder a new bicolor to them. (if you suck at desoldering stuff i recoommend this)

You'll want to be sure of the wiring setup for the led sequence you want , I believe, xbox_hackz.com has a good diagram on their site, but don't hold me to that if not, ask someone.

Hope I was helpfull, tongue.gif

Oh yeah, I think ADPmods.com might sell the cathodes you're looking fo

Edited by stephenstashko, 02 September 2005 - 08:45 AM.

#8 BionicSniper

BionicSniper

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:09 AM

for leds

lsdiods

for ccfls

xoxide or frozencpu

#9 x_caliber

x_caliber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:06 PM

thanks for the lsdiodes site....thats what i was lookin for....think i may just put a bunch of their white thc3 leds in the case instead of the 4in white cathode because i think the 4in ones dont exist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users