Hard Drive Clicks And Dies
Posted 02 September 2005 - 04:31 AM
I picked up a "broken" xbox on ebay, and it was working this morning. The hard drive failed, and started making clicking noises. Then it boots to the error 7 screen.
I know that I need to replace the hard drive, but because I do not have a backup, I am kind of lost.
Posted 02 September 2005 - 04:44 AM
No links, but try searching for "repainring broken Hard Drive" on ebay.
I realize I may get flamed for this, but it IS technically possible, and someone actually pulled something like this off. I remeber reading it a while ago.
Posted 02 September 2005 - 05:02 AM
Posted 02 September 2005 - 05:20 AM
take your hard drive that is giving you the problem and put it in 3 antistatic bag's
and stick in your freezer over night 24 hrs then take it out and have your xbox
ready to go put drive back in you will only have 10 or 15 min to work with so work fast .that should give you plenty of time to copy files and eeprom. i have done this
a few times and it works every time. then when your done chuck the drive.
JUST MAKE SURE YOU WRAP THIS DRIVE REAL GOOD YOU WOULD NOT WANT
ANY WATER OR ICE TO COME IN TO CONTACT WIYH THE DRIVE!!!
Posted 02 September 2005 - 11:02 AM
2. I believe that if you install a modchip and a new HDD, and run an autoinstaller to partition and format the new drive, you don't really need anything else...
Since I have never done it on a fresh disk, I'm not 100% certain.
Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:02 AM
Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:25 AM
Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:50 AM
Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:33 AM
when the bearings are going about 97% of the time this is the case you were in the other 3% that sucks. no you will not need the dash info off other drive.
another question has this box been on xbl if it has you will need new eeprom
but if not mod away.
Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:54 PM
Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:02 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users