tayl0124

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 September 2005 - 05:16 AM

Okay I know I am going to subscribe to live gold when I get my 360 on launch(crossing fingers). But I was thinking that possable gamertags may be taken. I have a version 1.0 xbox that I bought used. I also have upgraded the hd to a 250 gig. What I was wondering is if I used a free trial card from a game I got. Do I have to enter a credit card. And when people get banned do they get any refunds??? I am questioning this because it was used, possably refurbished, has two silver stickers on the bottom. one over the original. also white tape covering the screw hole where the white sticker is. Also will people be able to use banned gamertags on the 360, or is just the unit banned??? Sorry if this is posted somewhere else and that I am rambleing.

#2 Raiden47

Raiden47

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:43 AM

Sigh, these are some of the stupidest questions ever, but w/e.

No, no refunds are given, if you F**k up, then your screwed for that GT.

No, a banned GT (GamerTag) will not be "Refreshed", and unbanned for 360, because 1st generation (xbox 1.0, 180, original xbox, xbox 1, w/e you want to call it) xbox's will still be live enabled, and be able to go on live, with say halo 2, with some1 who has halo 2 and an Xbox 360.

The free trial card you got from a game, i'm guessing would be valid on the 360, but to make sure, why not activate it on another xbox, and then when you get your 360, just do Account Recovery? That way it'll work for sure.

#3 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:40 PM

gamertags are not banned, they are flagged (which causes more hardware checks to be performed on your xbox and may result in a ban of the console)

becuase the GTs still work fine on xboxes with retail HDs MS doesnt have to give you any kind of refund

when ported to 360 im sure the GTs will still be flagged and im sure more hardware checks will be performed, so better keep a stock 360 for your flagged GT

#4 tayl0124

tayl0124

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Sep 3 2005, 08:51 AM)
gamertags are not banned, they are flagged (which causes more hardware checks to be performed on your xbox and may result in a ban of the console)

becuase the GTs still work fine on xboxes with retail HDs MS doesnt have to give you any kind of refund

when ported to 360 im sure the GTs will still be flagged and im sure more hardware checks will be performed, so better keep a stock 360 for your flagged GT

View Post

Well I am not sure who to believe now. But I am thinking the Mod with over 12000 posts knows a little more than a member with less than 100. I do plan on keeping my 360 stock, at least for now. The other question is about billing. Do I have to enter my credit card info if I use the 1 month free trial that came with some of my games??? So it is the Box that gets banned, and the gamertag that gets flagged to check any box it plays on. Again sorry for what are probably old questions that have been answered a long time ago, but most of what I found in the forum that was recent requires me to already have live.

#5 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(tayl0124 @ Sep 3 2005, 04:35 PM)
Well I am not sure who to believe now.  But I am thinking the Mod with over 12000 posts knows a little more than a member with less than 100.  I do plan on keeping my 360 stock, at least for now.  The other question is about billing.  Do I have to enter my credit card info if I use the 1 month free trial that came with some of my games???  So it is the Box that gets banned, and the gamertag that gets flagged to check any box it plays on.  Again sorry for what are probably old questions that have been answered a long time ago, but most of what I found in the forum that was recent requires me to already have live.

View Post

im pretty sure what raiden is referring to is GTs that have been banned from matchmaking in h2, and yes, its pretty much guranteed they will also be banned from atchmaking when playing h2 on a 360

personally i think raiden often confuses this "banned" with a console banned for modified hardware

#6 tayl0124

tayl0124

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Sep 3 2005, 04:51 PM)
im pretty sure what raiden is referring to is GTs that have been banned from matchmaking in h2, and yes, its pretty much guranteed they will also be banned from atchmaking when playing h2 on a 360

personally i think raiden often confuses this "banned" with a console banned for modified hardware

View Post

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users