8 replies to this topic

#1 sumguy

sumguy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:41 PM

i am having trouble playing my backed up copies of kotor and kotor too. in kotor the part after you kill the enemy fighters right after you find out your revan when carth speaks his line it just stalls. carth stands there and looks around the room until i turn off the xbox. i have the igr turned off, but it doesnt help. if i play it on my purchased copy it gets through the dialog scene but doesn't load the next, but doesn't load whatever comes after. this really sucks cuz ive never played it before now and think it is the best game i ever played and I WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS sad.gif kotor 2 does something similar.

#2 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE(sumguy @ Sep 3 2005, 11:52 AM)
i am having trouble playing my backed up copies of kotor and kotor too. in kotor the part after you kill the enemy fighters right after you find out your revan when carth speaks his line it just stalls. carth stands there and looks around the room until i turn off the xbox. i have the igr turned off, but it doesnt help. if i play it on my purchased copy it gets through the dialog scene but doesn't load the next, but doesn't load whatever comes after. this really sucks cuz ive never played it before now and think it is the best game i ever played and I WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS  sad.gif kotor 2 does something similar.

View Post

Both these games are extremely buggy and it's unfortunate because these are two very very good games. I suggest that you copy the game to your harddrive using the DVD2Xbox application. Once you've done this, download and install the patches found on pcgamemods.com. There's a tutorial on how to run pc mods for the xbox. Refer to those and let us know what happens.

#3 sumguy

sumguy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:38 PM

okay ive got the dvd2xbox app but i cant find any tutorials section on pcgamemods.com the closest i saw was he said he was going to create one as a subdomain, but nothing else. where is it at exactly?

#4 ClintiePoo

ClintiePoo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:49 PM

My friend had the same problem with KOTOR2 freezing and he just played through that part loading from the disc. It worked fine.

#5 sumguy

sumguy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:55 PM

its on the disc

#6 ClintiePoo

ClintiePoo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:04 AM

I guess I meant to say he had to play it from the original KOTOR 2 disc, not the copy.

#7 sumguy

sumguy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 05:14 PM

i tried that with kotor and it did the same thing

#8 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:13 PM

The xbox I had when I first started playing KotOR 1 had a Thomson drive and it did horrible things to the game. Virtually all of the FMV stuttered and glitched... sometimes to the point of crashing the game (original disc, no backups).

It had issues in other parts of the game as well. Maybe that's something to consider. blink.gif

#9 maxrembro

maxrembro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:46 PM

I had this same problem with KOTOR1 it is cause by if you use Mission and has a stealth field on when you release the others i guess there is roll vs your awareness to her and she is the next to speak at the cut seen. you'll have to replay that part and leave her un-stealth before release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users