4 replies to this topic

#1 MercyLink

MercyLink

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:28 PM

Hi

Ive downloaded Windows CE.NET and got it working fine on my Xbox and was wondering if I can do anything to help this project and if its dead where I Can get some source or help and info about continuing it.

Does anyone know where or how I can:

- Contact the developers
- Access the source code
- Get any information on what changes were made to the CE platform to port it to Xbox.

Thank-you

MercyLink

(I realise I may be a n00b on this forum but I can assure you Im not new to the Linux/Windows on Xbox scene. I've tried all the major distributions of linux, ive got Windows 3.0 working on DosX today run from setup, Ive had 95 running in Qemu on DSL and I had Gnome installed on Xebian for nearly 6 months.)

Edited by MercyLink, 03 September 2005 - 09:28 PM.

#2 x-fox

x-fox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE(MercyLink @ Sep 3 2005, 10:39 PM)
Hi

Ive downloaded Windows CE.NET and got it working fine on my Xbox and was wondering if I can do anything to help this project and if its dead where I Can get some source or help and info about continuing it.

Does anyone know where or how I can:

- Contact the developers
- Access the source code
- Get any information on what changes were made to the CE platform to port it to Xbox.

Thank-you

MercyLink

(I realise I may be a n00b on this forum but I can assure you Im not new to the Linux/Windows on Xbox scene. I've tried all the major distributions of linux, ive got Windows 3.0 working on DosX today run from setup, Ive had 95 running in Qemu on DSL and I had Gnome installed on Xebian for nearly 6 months.)

View Post

I have asked the same question before without any reply. I also like to get involved in ce development for the xbox. It looked so promising. There are loads of good ce apps and games that would be cool to run on the xbox and ce would be a very good port because of its low system requirments.

#3 x-fox

x-fox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 01:25 AM

There is a bit more info on the guy that started the ce project here:

http://www.windowsfo...8602839775.html

#4 MercyLink

MercyLink

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:28 AM

Yeah I Read that article. I tried e-mailing the address in the read me but it just got bounced back saying the account had expired. sad.gif

Oh well, looks like ill have to start from scratch. If I get anywhere, ill post here.

#5 sick_mate_xbox

sick_mate_xbox

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:-Skateboarding<br />-My VT Commodore<br />-Xbox Modding<br />-Rachael :)<br />-Snakes
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 September 2005 - 11:25 AM

no i think the project died. pity though.. coz it was going good. i would have liekd to see further releases of it. www.xbox-windows.org was the official site but its been down for a long time. so i take it he gave up..

Edited by sick_mate_xbox, 13 September 2005 - 11:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users