• 179 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:19 PM

Here is a Sample pic...

user posted image

Here are the other pics and same one also, but linked due to size

Other Pics Of Xbox

The jewel looks OK, its not flawless, and the DVD Faceplate looks like SHIT, I think I need to get model paint and make it look better. I masked the "Xbox" with masking tape, but it didn't work quite as planned.

Other than that the Case itself is really nice, I ran out of paint at the end, thats why I did the bottom of the case last, just in case of that occurance, and the bottom doesnt look 100% but the rest of the case looks really nice.

Also no one can tell, but the reason I have a controller plugged in is cause I only had 3 Red LEDs, lol, so Im waiting a shipment of more LEDs so I can finish it. The LEDs arent very bright either, I think(thought) they were 5,000mcd and I used a 1/8watt 220ohm(is that too high?) resistor on all LEDs. Would it be better with 100ohm? Hmm oh well.

Edited by BuddyLeeX, 03 September 2005 - 11:26 PM.

#2 XLostSpartanX

XLostSpartanX

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(BuddyLeeX @ Sep 3 2005, 07:30 PM)
Here is a Sample pic...

user posted image

Here are the other pics and same one also, but linked due to size

Other Pics Of Xbox

The jewel looks OK, its not flawless, and the DVD Faceplate looks like SHIT, I think I need to get model paint and make it look better. I masked the "Xbox" with masking tape, but it didn't work quite as planned.

Other than that the Case itself is really nice, I ran out of paint at the end, thats why I did the bottom of the case last, just in case of that occurance, and the bottom doesnt look 100% but the rest of the case looks really nice.

Also no one can tell, but the reason I have a controller plugged in is cause I only had 3 Red LEDs, lol, so Im waiting a shipment of more LEDs so I can finish it. The LEDs arent very bright either, I think(thought) they were 5,000mcd and I used a 1/8watt 220ohm(is that too high?) resistor on all LEDs. Would it be better with 100ohm? Hmm oh well.

View Post

hmmm looks good except for the bezle, also in the controller ports you should have done 2 in each it loos alot better, and 500mcd is plenty birgt but the reason there dim is because of the resistor...

#3 stephenstashko

stephenstashko

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 12:12 AM

Paint looks great, I like the the red jewel!

But yeah that bezel did't turn out that great, you should try what I'm going to do.

If you go dowm to a sign making shop with a scan of the xbox lettering you can have chrome vinyl lettering cut. Then you just stick it on top of the lettering on the bezel, and then you have"true" matching lettering on your bezel and you jewel! biggrin.gif

Just be sure not to resize the image of the lettering.

Vinyl lettering is cheap they, charge you by the foot, so you might want to gat some other stuff done while your at it, but I can't se it being more that 10 bucks.

Looks great so, far hope you sort the Bezel thing out , then it will be primo! beerchug.gif

#4 M_graziano

M_graziano

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 12:55 AM

hmmm looks good except for the bezle, also in the controller ports you should have done 2 in each it loos alot better, and 500mcd is plenty birgt but the reason there dim is because of the resistor...

yeah thats pretty much it... looks pretty good, but its one of an insane amount of white xboxs. i used 100 ohm resistors and they work great, the light is clean and bright, but it depends on the kind of LED you have. otherwise good job

#5 jasdev

jasdev

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:360
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 04 September 2005 - 04:04 AM

i agree fix up the brezel n put brighter leds n ur pimpin lol biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic