Anarchy99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 03:04 AM

i hear you can use mods in kotor buy placing them in a override folder
E:/TDATA/4c410003/Override/
and you dont need the game on your hd to do this is this true and can you do the same for kotor 2 so it doesnt need to be on the hd

#2 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 September 2005 - 06:55 AM

K2 has to be on the HD. K1 was DLC ready, so it looks for the override folder in it's save folder. K2 is not DLC friendly, so it won't look for an override folder in the same place, it has to be in the game directory.

#3 mjpb3

mjpb3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE(VoxAngel @ Sep 4 2005, 02:06 AM)
K2 has to be on the HD. K1 was DLC ready, so it looks for the override folder in it's save folder. K2 is not DLC friendly, so it won't look for an override folder in the same place, it has to be in the game directory.

View Post

could you please explain to a total newbie exactly how to do this?
(add the game to the xbox harddrive, I mean)

Thanks!

#4 mandal0rian

mandal0rian

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 12:39 PM

means the first one can connect to xbox live and download yavin iv. kotor2 has no live support so it doesn't even read off the hard drive, it only looks for what's on the disc.

#5 lcarbutt

lcarbutt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:02 PM

KOTOR2 has to run of the HDD unless you plan on burning a new disc evrytime you want to change/update/delete a mod.

#6 jsdragon

jsdragon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(mjpb3 @ Oct 17 2005, 02:55 AM) View Post

could you please explain to a total newbie exactly how to do this?
(add the game to the xbox harddrive, I mean)

Thanks!

well i belive you should be asking this in another section but bascially you have to have a modded xbox and then you use a program like dvd2xbox to copy it to your hard drive.

#7 LocoChimp

LocoChimp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 09:44 PM

Wondering if anyone can do any request for modding game saves for KotOR for someone who deosnt have a modded xbox send e-mail to gamedrone@hotmail.com or send me help here

#8 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(LocoChimp @ Dec 25 2005, 12:51 PM) View Post

Wondering if anyone can do any request for modding game saves for KotOR for someone who deosnt have a modded xbox send e-mail to gamedrone@hotmail.com or send me help here

This has been explored and unfortunately, there have been little success. The existing gamesave editors out there lack the capability to properly resign gamesaves and allow for the Xbox to read them as legitimate save files. Jay FNG has access that a lot of us do not which basically enables him to properly resign the save. I've played around a little bit with the latest KSE file (Kotor Save Editor) but haven't really had enough time to fully play with the capabilities.

I'll find time to go through it again and let you guys know...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users