#1 the_devil73

the_devil73

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:40 AM

I want to fit an xray3 ON TOP of my xbox motherboard, because if its fitted at the bottom. the board wont fit in a case correctly. But how would i achieve this without making my wires long?

#2 irishdrunk

irishdrunk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Xbox's of course, poker, midgets, women, idiots.....not jail
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:44 AM

I would think it would be extremely difficult to trace all 28 points to the corresponding points on the top, you are better off doing it on the bottom, if you are just fixing a tsop you don't have to have the board in right, you just prop it up so you can cut the wires before you flash. smile.gif

#3 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:57 PM

1: the board should fit correctly when its on the bottom, just work at it for a while

2: why do you even want it in there permanently?

3: if you do want it permanently, why post this in TSOP flashing?

*moving to alternative modchips and cheapmods*

#4 the_devil73

the_devil73

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:10 AM

because the chip istn flashing right. It takes 10 minutes to flash. I dont care anymore, I installed my xray about 4 times and each one took me 2 hours - 5 hours depending on how many wires i cut. so im gonna leave it on there permanent and flash cromwell to one side and 3944 to the other.

I want to fit this chip PERMANENTLY

#5 the_devil73

the_devil73

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:04 AM

How am i supposed to fit this chip? the wires would pop every time i try to fit the board in the xbox case, so i thought i could just sticky it right above the lpc ports next to the ide connector and just swing the wires under, but i cant do that? how come i can streatch the d0 wire all the way next to the av connector on a spst to enable and disable a modchip?????. im going to test this.

#6 the_devil73

the_devil73

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 08:07 PM

All that stuff about the wires stretching long ways isnt correct. I used kynar and i made each wire more than 5 inches and works fine. And i thought about it scientifically before i did it.

-Bigger wires cant carry small signals over really long distances because of its resistance, the signal has more wire to spread itself over (especially in multicore wires).

-Smaller wires, ESPECIALLY 30 gauge, single core, kynar would be exellent because of 2 things (basically). One, its very small. This allows the signal to go through the wire with ease because of the less resistance. THe second is that its single cored. This means that its just sending little pulses to in from the chip on a single wire, instead of many threads in one wire. These small, 30 gauge wires were made for carrying tiny signals.

Man i felt smart for a sec.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users