10 replies to this topic

#1 shadowlord_kt

shadowlord_kt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:37 AM

I have a 160GB HDD that was working fine with a softmod (ltools 1.5). Then I was fiddling around with getting the dualboot option to work so that it would boot to Linux if the DVD tray was open and to Evox if it was closed. I searched in the forum and it said if you hex edit dualboot.xbe and resign it with habibi and xbedump it will work.

Well, unforunately, it didn't work. So, I was going to restore everything back to what it was before... The XBox boots with error 21 with the tray closed. When booted with the tray open, it's attempting to load Linux, but I only get the first 2 or 3 lines of the Linux boot sequence.

I inserted my 007:AUF original and fired up the softmod, but it doesn't work. After I "load the game" from the XBox HDD, all I get is blank screen.

I tried the hotswap method into a PC, but the all the xboxhdm tools report the HDD is still locked!

So I thought something might be screwed up with the HDD, but when I load another original DVD game (like Halo 2), it can see all my profiles on the HDD and their names. So obviously, the drive still works, and the XBox can unlock it... but I can't get through Evox or any other software.

If I could get through, all I need to do is rename my dualboot.orig.xbe back to dualboot.xbe

Any ideas?

I still have my 10GB stock HDD, but I'm not sure what I can do with that to help me unlock (or even reformat) this HDD. The stock HDD was reset back to factory and then had ltools 1.5 reinstalled on it.

Help!

Edited by shadowlord_kt, 05 September 2005 - 07:39 AM.

#2 vingasoline

vingasoline

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:49 AM

how do you have a locked upgraded hard drive in your xbox and no xboxhdm cd or even the eeprom.bin to unlock it?

Anyways, you are hotswapping wrong if it is not working..

when you run the 007 game and save are you starting a game, quitting, then loading the save?

#3 shadowlord_kt

shadowlord_kt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE(vingasoline @ Sep 5 2005, 01:00 AM)
how do you have a locked upgraded hard drive in your xbox and no xboxhdm cd  or even the eeprom.bin to unlock it? 

Actually, I do have an xboxhdm cd, and an eeprom.bin file which was made from the stock HDD. Can I use that eeprom.bin? When I put the 160HD into a PC and ran xboxhdm on it, it finds the HDD, but says its locked.

The info tool on xboxhdm does seem to give me an HDD key, but it doesn't work.

Anyways, you are hotswapping wrong if it is not working..

Here's what I did - plug the PC's power cable into the HDD. Turned on the PC, but paused before the BIOS did HDD detection. Turned on the XBox with Halo 2. Loaded a level from a save game. Paused the game. Unplug XBox IDE cable and plugged in PC IDE cable into HDD. Pressed spacebar on PC to resume booting sequence with xboxhdm CD in drive. During boot, xboxhdm sees the HDD, but when I tried xbrowser or any other tool, it said it was locked.

when you run the 007 game and save are you starting a game, quitting, then loading the save?

View Post

No, I power on the XBox with 007 in it, then when I get to the main menu, I load up the save game from the HDD. That's the way I have always done it in the past and it worked. However, I just tried it your way, and it still seems to have the same result (loading hacked gamesave = blank screen)

#4 vingasoline

vingasoline

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:22 AM

Try this: hook the hard drive up to your pc, and load xboxhdm - whatever option allows you to use atapwd. Now go to atapwd and unlock the hard drive with the master password XBOXSCENE << After you are finished fixing relock it xboxhdm.

#5 shadowlord_kt

shadowlord_kt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(vingasoline @ Sep 5 2005, 01:33 AM)
Try this:  hook the hard drive up to your pc, and load xboxhdm - whatever option allows you to use atapwd.  Now go to atapwd and unlock the hard drive with the master password XBOXSCENE  << After you are finished fixing relock it xboxhdm.

View Post

Thanks for the tip, I just tried it and it didn't work either. (But I do remember when I first set up this HDD, xboxhdm did set the master password to XBOXSCENE.)

#6 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:45 AM

boot to an evox disk or something and gain ftp access then check out your main .xbe that you are booting to. sounds like something is wrong there.

#7 shadowlord_kt

shadowlord_kt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE(kkattfish @ Sep 5 2005, 01:56 AM)
boot to an evox disk or something and gain ftp access then check out your main .xbe that you are booting to.  sounds like something is wrong there.

View Post

Unforunately, none of the Evox CDs work because I was messing around with dualboot.xbe on the HDD. I have no access to any dashboards (MS or otherwise) or non-original games.

I can get Evox to run on the stock 10GB HDD, but I can't hook up the WD 160GB at the same time... otherwise the XBox complains about the DVD drive being missing.

#8 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:59 AM

if you are booting to a hacked bios, then you can load an evox boot disk. that wouldn't have anything to do with what was on the hd. unless you were softmodded and it's not loading the bios.

#9 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:00 AM

Time to invest in a modchip (and solderless adapter if you don't know how to solder).

#10 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE(kkattfish @ Sep 5 2005, 01:10 AM)
if you are booting to a hacked bios, then you can load an evox boot disk.  that wouldn't have anything to do with what was on the hd.  unless you were softmodded and it's not loading the bios.

View Post

Yes, he's softmodding....

#11 shadowlord_kt

shadowlord_kt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:45 AM

Got it working, at last...

Ultimately, I used the hotswap method into a PC. It turns out that the drive was being locked when I unplugged the IDE cable. If I unplugged it very gently and slowly, it seems to keep running. That was what was preventing me from doing the hotswap.

Although, I am at a bit of a loss as to why xboxhdm wasn't able to unlock the drive; nor did the XBOXSCENE master password work on the PC end.

Thanks to all who helped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users