#1 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 September 2005 - 02:33 PM

went through the interview quickly and was mostly about the multiplayer. i want to know about single player however.

http://perfectdarkze...interview_1.htm

this part caught my eye though,

MGS Operative: Will the single player campaign and online multiplayer be very different types of games? How did the two evolve together?

Duncan Botwood: At their cores they carry the same mechanics, the same weapons, but the fundamental difference is that in multiplayer, you will be playing against other humans. This adds an element of uncertainty to your opponent’s actions. The multiplayer levels do not use graphics taken directly from the Story mode, but they share many of the same textures and where possible are themed on the Story mode levels to provide that visual link. We did experiment early on with using the Story mode levels, but the time taken to adapt these for use in multiplayer was longer than it took to make a new multiplayer level from scratch.

if all or most of the unimpressive screens we have seen so far are taken from the multiplayer then that would explain some of it to why they look like ass.

#2 johnnywikked

johnnywikked

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 September 2005 - 03:02 PM

I hope to god they include bots.

#3 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:44 PM

interesting blink.gif

#4 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:24 PM

I posted this interview in the other PDZ thread a few days ago.
But anyways.

Duncan's basically talking about pulling multiplayer levels from the campain mode, he's not talking about a different game engine for the multiplayer stuff.
Halo 2 is an example of a game that uses multiplayer levels pulled from the campain mode as well as original multiplayer levels.

#5 Andy51

Andy51

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(johnnywikked @ Sep 5 2005, 04:13 PM)
I hope to god they include bots.

View Post

Guys... if you read EGM hands on of Perfect Dark Zero... you would know that it does include Bots..

#6 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE(miggidy @ Sep 5 2005, 03:35 PM)
I posted this interview in the other PDZ thread a few days ago.
But anyways.

Duncan's basically talking about pulling multiplayer levels from the campain mode, he's not talking about a different game engine for the multiplayer stuff.
Halo 2 is an example of a game that uses multiplayer levels pulled from the campain mode as well as original multiplayer levels.

View Post

oh sorry for the double post.

i took what he said about the graphics in a different way, that maybe they used less or different techniques for the multiplayer so they can fit the 50 player max limit. i know they dont need to make any shortcuts for the multiplayer when it comes to graphics but they havent even been working with finalized hardware. so i took it as they were using less resources for the multiplayer and really concentrating on the graphical aspects in the single player.

#7 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 11:30 AM

f all or most of the unimpressive screens we have seen so far are taken from the multiplayer then that would explain some of it to why they look like ass.

There is very few real screenshots of pd0 anywhere........theyre all old screens that wasnt taken from the 360 version. Ppl can speculate how it looks all they want but the truth is, we dont know shit!

Edited by incognegro, 06 September 2005 - 11:35 AM.

#8 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE(incognegro @ Sep 6 2005, 06:41 AM)
There is very few real screenshots of pd0 anywhere........theyre all old screens that wasnt taken from the 360 version. Ppl can speculate how it looks all they want but the truth is, we dont know shit!

View Post

i know we dont know shit, other then what we have read from E3 basically. i think MS is playing with fire if they wait too long in releasing some real info on this game. by X05 we better see some real footage or they will lose out on a lot of potential sales.

#9 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Sep 6 2005, 03:57 AM)
i took what he said about the graphics in a different way, that maybe they used less or different techniques for the multiplayer so they can fit the 50 player max limit.  i know they dont need to make any shortcuts for the multiplayer when it comes to graphics but they havent even been working with finalized hardware.  so i took it as they were using less resources for the multiplayer and really concentrating on the graphical aspects in the single player.

View Post

That can very well be it.
At this point we know very little, in the end I am confident Rare will deliver.
As far as graphics are concerned at least, Rare's titles more often than not seem to stretch the limitations of the hardware they run on.

#10 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:01 AM

i know we dont know shit, other then what we have read from E3 basically. i think MS is playing with fire if they wait too long in releasing some real info on this game. by X05 we better see some real footage or they will lose out on a lot of potential sales

Yea like that strategy ever hurt nintendo or any company for that matter rolleyes.gif

They did the samething with halo 1 and out of nowhere.........game of the year!

they hyped halo 2 and.......everybody is disappointed.

im actually glad we are not getting overkill of coverage like GoW cause im really sick of that game and it hasnt even come out yet!

The less they tell ppl the more appealing it is, I was looking at the 360 countdown of the most anticipated titles on gametrailers the other day and i found it funny that pd0 topped the list over GoW.

The point is, its being worked on by a talented dev company, its being touted as THE title for launch, its the long awaited sequel to one of the best fps' of all time and thats all we need to friggin know. If your a fan of fps' then you have no excuse not to buy this game. When the 360 is out everybody is gonna want it.

this is their best weapon, why reveal its power so early in the fight?

#11 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:09 AM

The best example of a high profile xbox game that had totally different graphics for mp, compared to sp was Chaos theory. The graphics in the sp where amazing, but the mp graphics were bad; almost exactly the same as pandora tomarrow's. I'm guessing they used the same mp engine for chaos theory's mp. Probably because they didn't have enough time to mess with mp by adding chaos theory's sp engine to it.

#12 beast96

beast96

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:xbox modding video games computers

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Sep 6 2005, 08:20 PM)
The best example of a high profile xbox game that had totally different graphics for mp, compared to sp was Chaos theory.  The graphics in the sp where amazing, but the mp graphics were bad; almost exactly the same as pandora tomarrow's.  I'm guessing they used the same mp engine for chaos theory's mp.  Probably because they didn't have enough time to mess with mp by adding chaos theory's sp engine to it.

View Post

that pissed me off

#13 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:51 AM

While still fun, it was a major let down for me too.

#14 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:19 AM

good thing I dislike Splinters MP to begin with, because the graphics alone would have kept me away.

Less for you guys to see me complain about beerchug.gif

#15 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Sep 6 2005, 08:20 PM)
The best example of a high profile xbox game that had totally different graphics for mp, compared to sp was Chaos theory.  The graphics in the sp where amazing, but the mp graphics were bad; almost exactly the same as pandora tomarrow's.  I'm guessing they used the same mp engine for chaos theory's mp.  Probably because they didn't have enough time to mess with mp by adding chaos theory's sp engine to it.

View Post

the reason behind that is because it is the same engine as in SC pandora tomarrow. in fact the same part of team shanghai that worked on the spy vs merc in pandora tomarrow worked on the same part for SC chaos theory. team montreal only worked on the co-op and single player modes. didnt really care as i hated the spy vs. merc, i can see where the appeal is but i just couldnt get into any kind of deathmatch.

Yea like that strategy ever hurt nintendo or any company for that matter 

They did the samething with halo 1 and out of nowhere.........game of the year!

MS doesnt have the history in the industry that nintendo has, and with halo1 atleast they had a video at the E3 prior to launch. they showed more of halo then they are of PDZ. again how can they generate hype if there is nothing to hype about?? even though i didnt care for the first one i want this one to turn out great, however i dont see MS playing it smart with a game that has this much potential to gain so much more attention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users