10 replies to this topic

#1 stunt101xxx

stunt101xxx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:45 PM

i have xecuter 2 and evolution x. i have doom legacy in my xbox and i noticed u can play online on doom legacy. i do have a chip in the back where i can disable my modchip but i dont know when i should disable it and i dont know if this is guarenteed my safety of not getting caught and getting banned.

#2 SilentAssasin64

SilentAssasin64

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:57 AM

Is it on Live? Is on off your Hard Drive?

If it's on your hard drive and on Live then you will NOT be able to play it. If it's not on the hard drive then you can disable the chip and play it on Live.

#3 Sniperman

Sniperman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 September 2005 - 06:47 AM

dont u have another thread asking the same thing? whats wrong with you?

#4 akspud93

akspud93

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, xbox, modding, electronics, computers MAC and PC, Halo and Halo 2, ETC.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:11 PM

Alright i will tell u all bout the xbox system and mod chips......(i've already ha dbad expirences so u are hearing it straight from thr horses mouth) Alright if u have a chip without mods on ur HD.....all u have to do is turn the chip off before going online whether u turn it off from a dash or manually if ur chip allows.....either way the chip must be off other wise u will be baned from live......(ur xbox will be banned along with the accout) The only way to get around that would be to put a new EEprom and HD in ur box or even just a new eeprom would be fine too. The eeprom is specific to each xbox it is like a finger print it tells XBL everything about ur xbox.....HARDWARE SOFTWARE ETC. If u put a new .bin eeprom on ur chip it looks like a completely new xbox....just use account recovery once the new .bin file is back on ur eeprom u will have an entirly new finger print!!! There is a link from another site where there is a person who will send u the .bin files for a fee of only $10 which is amazing considering the only other thing u can do is just to buy a new box! anyways onto the next part GOING ON WITH UR CHIP ON IS NOT FULL PROOF AND NOT BY ANY MEANS 100% THAT U WILL NOT GET BANNED. I always went on with my chip off and all of a sudden the banhammer came swinging!! As for the other method of banning if u have modded halo 2 content u will be banned from matchmaking usually within in 7 hours and sometimes after u sign off and try and sign back on. The only way to get around that is to delete the modded content off of ur HD or create a new account everytime. U will be banned from matchmaking only but u can still play custom games.......thats about all u need to know if u have any more questions just make another post!

#5 solder_blob

solder_blob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:24 PM

MMM I'm bout to shell out for a LIVE Account.. On my modded box... I can disable the chip, and Boot to the orginal Dash and get on LIVE however I want to know if having a Upgraded Harddrive will get me banned from Halo 2? I will not be having Any Halo 2 Modded Conent at all. I just am worried about the Upgraded Drive I have as well all of the Apps and homebrew Dashboards I have on C: and E: and F: so Will i get banned for having these homebrew apps and dashes as well a upgraded Drive?? Of course I will be using the Game Discs not the ones on the Harddrive, after all the orginal BIOS won't boot the games off the harddrive nor burnt games.

Edited by solder_blob, 08 September 2005 - 01:26 PM.

#6 akspud93

akspud93

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, xbox, modding, electronics, computers MAC and PC, Halo and Halo 2, ETC.

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:05 AM

I don't think xbl will ban u for having a bigger HD i think its mainly for modded content on the HD and using mod chips. But then again XBL can do just bout anything except make sense...lol.

After all i never went on with my chip on and i still got banned permentaly form XBL

#7 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 September 2005 - 05:13 AM

Don't listen to ^^, not only can you be banned for having an upgraded hd, you WILL be banned for having an upgraded hd if you go on live before updating it, ie sign on to live with original hd then upgrade then sign on again = ban. If you upgrade, then sign on for the first time you are fine.

#8 solder_blob

solder_blob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE(acemilo @ Sep 9 2005, 12:24 AM)
Don't listen to ^^, not only can you be banned for having an upgraded hd, you WILL be banned for having an upgraded hd if you go on live before updating it, ie sign on to live with original hd then upgrade then sign on again = ban.  If you upgrade, then sign on for the first time you are fine.

View Post

Ya hehe was reading the marriage theory... that really cleared things up with all this stuff so read up on it wink.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

#9 akspud93

akspud93

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:49 PM

Hey sorry didn't know that.....well i guess the best thing to say is if u have any diffent info about ur xbox then is on ur eeprom then well xbl doesn't like that.

#10 solder_blob

solder_blob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:12 PM

heck it's simple to swap out eeprom & hdds wink.gif Just grab a new ole HDD and then flash the new eeprom and then sign up for LIVE under the orginal BIOS wink.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

#11 KRANZKillz

KRANZKillz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 02:51 AM

okay my router got fried by lighting so i cant ftp into my xbox. Is there anyway I can delete my modded content to play on live even tho i cant ftp? Ive tried running an ethernet cable from my xbox straight to pc but it wont connect for sum reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users