#1 freakycody

freakycody

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 April 2003 - 03:22 AM

Hello, I am new to this modding, but i have been practicing up on my soldering. Soon i will be ready to install my modchip. I see that the new Xecuter2 Lite is preflashed with the Cromwell Bios. With this bios will i be able to use Evolution X, play backup games, use other apps (XBMP, DVDX, etc), and add a larger harddrive? uhh.gif Or will i need to flash a new bios to do all this? (i am capable of the mod install but flashing is new to me) I am just wondering if i should go for the Lite. If the bios is useless, i might as well go for the pro. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance.

#2 MaxP

MaxP

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 08:31 AM

Theres been a lot of talk about this.

AFAIK the cromwell bios can ONLY boot linux.
people are working towards a Linux disc with all the nesasary tools/bios on the disk.
(dont have or not even see this disc. only read about people looking into it)

so that you install the chip
boot up the linux disc
then flash the mod to a more suitable bios
then install all your Evox stuffs.

the other choice is if you have a mate or access to another xbox with an lcp chip.
you can boot up the other xbox with its chip and when booted to evox you can swap the chip out for your new chip and then flash you chip.

Max

#3 freakycody

freakycody

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 April 2003 - 02:15 PM

So what is the point with getting a cromwell bios? I just want to use EvoX not Linux. If the Xecuter2 Lite comes with a cromwell bios, how come it says it searches for and launches Exolution X, and if that is not there, it launches the Default M$ dash? Well, if i have to flash a new bios on the lite, i might as well get the pro so i can easily flash it before or after installing it.

#4 3CLipZ

3CLipZ

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (freakycody @ Apr 10 2003, 03:15 PM)
So what is the point with getting a cromwell bios? I just want to use EvoX not Linux. If the Xecuter2 Lite comes with a cromwell bios, how come it says it searches for and launches Exolution X, and if that is not there, it launches the Default M$ dash? Well, if i have to flash a new bios on the lite, i might as well get the pro so i can easily flash it before or after installing it.

the Cromwell bios the X2L is shipping with now is done for legal reasons, since having a hacked MS XBOX BIOS on it is illegal tongue.gif

Edited by 3CLipZ, 10 April 2003 - 02:44 PM.

#5 burchman82

burchman82

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 10:38 AM

the chip has nothing to do with what it does, it is the bios that is installed on it.

yes cromwell only boots linux. BUT if you use ozxflash (a linux program, freely avail), you can flash the chip with any bios you like. then your chosen bios (evox, executer2 4726.02 etc etc) will boot your evolution x dashboard cd.

i know this cos ive done it

#6 j8mie

j8mie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 01:53 PM

When you used ozflash did you burn the ozflash iso onto one cd-rw and the bios bin onto a seperate cd rw? I can't figure out if I should have both on the same cdrw or seperate ones.

Thanks,
jamie

#7 burchman82

burchman82

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 02:06 AM

yes i put them on 2 seperate cds... 1 point to remember is that the bios file on 1 cd takes only 256k. so adding a file of about 20mb or so (or a few, doesnt matter what, just padding) will make it easier for the Xbox to pickup.

make sure that you use the same brand of cdrw or a brand you know will work.... if you havent figured that out from reading everyone elses forums wink.gif

#8 gwoodschool

gwoodschool

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 02:16 AM

can I use X2BM to make a 1mb bios file with 2 different bios (each filling 2- of the 4 256kb places) to create the bios.bin file? Then use OzXFlash to put that bios.bin file created with X2BM on my x2lite?

#9 gwoodschool

gwoodschool

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 01:48 PM

can I use X2BM to make a 1mb bios file with 2 different bios to create the bios.bin file???????

Then use OzXFlash to put that bios.bin file created with X2BM on my x2lite??????????????????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users