• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shoo Box

Shoo Box

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:I like Computers and im doing a software development at my college i also go snowboarding sometimes
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:36 PM

Well i was just wondering if anyone out there has made a custom HDD tray because my beautiful 80 mm fan looks soo nice without that damn ugly black tray in the way and i was looking for some ideas for a clear one and some tips on making a new one , also i asked this a while ago but does anyone have a clear picture/diagram of where i solder the the LED into my DVD receiver thing so that when a signal is sent via the remote the led lights up upon receiving the signal ?

Regards

#2 stephenstashko

stephenstashko

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:46 PM

I'm currently doing a dual hdd mod in my xbox and was considering doing the same thing. biggrin.gif

After hacking the shit out of the existing trays, you start to think, "wouldn't it be easier to just fabricate my own". I would say just pick up some varying thicknesses of plexi and try to duplicate a simplified form of the hdd tray.

Seeing as my tray is for two drives i'm just going to screw them down from the bottom screw holes on the drive. That way all you really need for the main part of the tray is a flat piece of plexi. If your going to glue it together I recommed WeldBond Glue(can get it at home depot) it works well on plexie and dries perfectly clear.

Probably the hardest part of the whole procedure will be finding clear parts to replace the posts that the screw go through, I have yet to find anything myself. If I do find something suitable i'll let you know. But i suppose you could just cut out the original posts, clean them up and use those that might actually look pretty cool beerchug.gif

Of course you would need a right sized drill bit to drill through the plexi, to fit the posts properly.

Just some ideas, good luck with your tray beerchug.gif

#3 stephenstashko

stephenstashko

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:58 PM

Here's a good website for ordering all types of plastic.

Tap Plastics beerchug.gif

#4 Shoo Box

Shoo Box

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:I like Computers and im doing a software development at my college i also go snowboarding sometimes
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 September 2005 - 03:09 PM

Ah great cheers buddy , well lets see how this works out then.. lol beerchug.gif

#5 stephenstashko

stephenstashko

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 03:47 PM

Hey, I like cheersing! beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users