3 replies to this topic

#1 leewallen

leewallen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 04:03 AM

Hello,

I have a Philips DVD drive (model VAD6035/21) that will only intermittently work. Some times the tray will eject and let you place a disc on the tray, but usually it won't.

If the tray does eject, then the XBox will load the game that I place on the tray.
If I use a paper clip to force the tray out, and then place a game disc in the tray, then the XBox will not load the game.

I purchased a "new" Philips DVD drive (model VAD6011/21 purchased on eBay) and replaced the old drive. The new Philips DVD drive won't eject at all.

I have a feeling that the new Philips drive is not necessarily the source of the problem.

Is anyone familiar with either the original problem - tray usually won't eject and/or game won't load, or replacement drive will not eject or go to XBox splash screen?

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Lee

#2 killboy22

killboy22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 12:06 AM

Im also having eject problems on my "halo edition" box, I have tried a philips and a thomson, with no luck. Neither will eject. Could it be a problem with the mobo? Any help is appreciated.

#3 Stitch_626

Stitch_626

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 03:23 PM

blink.gif
If you go into one of the dashboards this gives you the option of ejecting using the hand controller. Does this work? If it does, then the problem is with the eject button circuitry. biggrin.gif

#4 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 September 2005 - 03:26 PM

Yeah, sounds like a loose connection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users