10 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Shaw

Chris Shaw

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:15 AM

When I mounted my programmer for my x-ecutor 2 pro. I did not want it on the outside on my xbox. I move my xbox to friends houses and other places. And when I move it I don't want to pull the programmer off the back of the XBOX. So I mounted it inside. But If I mount it inside then how do I switch bios. This is how I mounted it so my switches were on the outside and my progreammer is in the inside.

user posted image

user posted image

So what do you think about doing it this way?

I fill I am only going to use the programmer if I mess up my chip during a bios flash using EVOX. So if you like my idea then what you need to do is unsolder the switch and resolder it to the backside of the programmer. and cut a hole for the switch to fit into. You will also need to cut the metal casing so you dont short your mod.

To see more of ideas go here

Edited by Chris Shaw, 10 April 2003 - 05:30 PM.

#2 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:32 AM

I might want to say this, copy and paste the links if they don't work.

#3 Chris Shaw

Chris Shaw

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:34 PM

So what do you think you like it, you hate it? Give me some feed back please.

#4 StrongBad

StrongBad

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:59 PM

It's nice. I don't mind my parallel port on the outside.

#5 luma

luma

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 08:51 PM

that looks sweet man. i don't much like having the programmer hanging off the back of the box. it's not very often that you should have to hook up the parallel port anyway (unless you hose your bios), so having it internal is probably better. nice work!

#6 koensayr

koensayr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 02:40 AM

Dude that kicks ass!!!

#7 slaycon

slaycon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:25 AM

Looks nice. But isn't rule #1 never deface the xbox (externally)? Just in case you need to utilize the 2-year extended service plan for xbox2.

Edited by slaycon, 11 April 2003 - 04:25 AM.

#8 luma

luma

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 12:16 PM

how so? you've already voided the warranty by opening the thing up, and any service tech worth half a shit will be able to see your solder job inside, so what's the point?

if you're going the buy-a-working-box-and-return-broken-box (aka "retail fraud") route, you could just swap the cases anyway.

#9 slaycon

slaycon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (luma @ Apr 11 2003, 01:16 PM)
how so? you've already voided the warranty by opening the thing up, and any service tech worth half a shit will be able to see your solder job inside, so what's the point?

if you're going the buy-a-working-box-and-return-broken-box (aka "retail fraud") route, you could just swap the cases anyway.

They don't open the damn thing up to inspect it and then reimburse you. It is an insurance policy. You take it back when it brakes and ask for an exchange or refund. There is no retail fraud. And what the hell does voiding the warranty have to do with the extended service plan or do I need to read the extended service plan's fine print.

I do like the swapping cases trick. I guess my mind is not as devious as yours. Live and learn.

#10 Chris Shaw

Chris Shaw

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 05:05 AM

I really doubt that I will be taking my XBOX back to any store. And if I do take it back I don't really think that the $6.00 an hour customer service girl is going to notice a small hole in the back of the system. And if she does then I'm sure she will have allready noticed the hole in the warrenty stickers, and the clear top case jewel. But what do I know? Besides I work at a video game repair shop and have access to new motherboards, drives, cases, power supplies, controllers, and every thing else you can think of for XBOX and PS2.

#11 plalo

plalo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 01:17 PM

Hmmmmm in that case how bout hookin some of us dumbasses with fried boards eh??

Just kidding but I must say you're in a very lucrative position. I envy you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users