kipsman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Repairs__Gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:55 PM

I recently found out that I had a Samsung SD 616F in my garage and being my other xbox is down a dvd drive I figured im In luck. Apparently that where my luck stopped. I got a tutorial to convert and all went well with the exception of having my new weller Solder iron turned up to high and I damaged the EJECT Via that I was supposed to solder to, and I wasnt intelligent enought to user Kynar at first at that helped pull up and off the Via. Therefore all the other wires are connected but I dont know of an alternate place to connect this. Does anyone have any experience with this conversion/ and or mistake? I have a pic of the required 4 solder points on the pcb if anyone needs to see it. It appears this specific solder point (Via) is on the otherside on pcb where a ribbon cable connects.,,Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 lordashram

lordashram

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:24 AM

i was just about to post with the exact same issue...... an alt point would be great!

#3 lordashram

lordashram

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:43 PM

bump....any ideas to get this working?

#4 lordashram

lordashram

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:23 AM

bump...please anyone... i really need this

#5 Stitch_626

Stitch_626

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:30 AM

ohmy.gif
Hi
Does the eject button still work on the drive? If so, then you're in luck the equivalent point can be found on the ribbon that goes to the tray motor auxiliary pcb. It's the central on from either end (finger 7).
pop.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users