Photo

Dead 1.6 Motherboard... 80gb Drive Locked...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sighsighsigh

sighsighsigh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:54 AM

Hello, I have an Xbox 1.6 motherboard that has fried. It was working for about a year and it just crapped out. I checked the weak power transistor gate voltage and it was fine… anyways I have pretty much given up on fixing it.

So I removed the chip and installed it on a 1.1 mother board and It is up and running fine. I have tried every method of unlocking the 80gb drive from the 1.6 system that I could find… including

1. Running dos utilities and trying password TEAMASSMBLY and XBOXSCENE
2. Booting to windows and using Team assembles app “Live info Betat2” to get the password… Did not work
3. Xbox swap trick (this one sounded real funky, lol… but I tried it anyways) no go.
4. Attempted to locate the EEPROM chip on the 1.6 to remove and resolder on my 1.1. ( I could find no info on this… but I suspect it would not work anyways) I do however find myself tempted to try it.

Anyways.. If someone has ANY info for me on how the hell I can unlock a drive that was locked on a 1.6 please let me know… I’m out of ideas

Thanks in advance!

#2 Staple

Staple

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 September 2005 - 04:21 AM

what did you lock the drive with?

#3 sighsighsigh

sighsighsigh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:05 AM

Slayers 2.6...

I heard somthing about not bieng able to unlock 1.6 motherboards without the original eeprom. Is there any truth to that?

#4 catdog2

catdog2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:51 AM

Slayers uses TEAMASSEMBLY as the master password from memory, use ATAPWD on a dos floppy to unlock it. Remember to choose to unlock and disable it with the MASTER password in the options.

Failing that, the eeprom is just right of the LPC header on a 1.6. It has 8 legs and will have "24C02" or "C02" printed somewhere on it. It can be desoldered and soldered onto another 1.6 motherboard only - it will not work on your 1.1
You could also use a programmer to read the eeprom contents if you do not have another 1.6 xbox.

#5 sighsighsigh

sighsighsigh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:07 AM

That’s strange... I did try ATAPWD from a dos floppy with that very password and it did not work. Back before i used the new slayers disk i used to use the configmagic... but it required me to start an eeprom application, then lock the drive from there... it would then mention "setting password as TEAMASSEMBLY" with the new disk it just had "lock drive" and "unlock drive" on the menu.. No need to start an application. Are you sure the latter is still password TEAMASSEMBLY?

A shame i can not install the 1.6 EPROM on my 1.1... but i don’t have an extra 1.6 motherboard laying around... at least you saved me from the extra time it would have take to try... Thank you!

AS for the programmer... what kind of programmer do you mean?

#6 mikeymikeuk

mikeymikeuk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 11:35 AM

AS for the programmer... what kind of programmer do you mean?

A simple one like the one talked about in this thread.

Edited by mikeymikeuk, 08 September 2005 - 11:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users