#1 davegregoire

davegregoire

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:53 PM

The only day I was playing my backup copy of darkwatch and while I was playing it, the LED on my chip flashed from the normal blue active mode(talking about external activity & lan piece) to solid red as if I was using my xbox with the modchip disabled. What worried me about this was that I use the most recent x3 bios with live blocking. Today I tried to sign on and I have been banned for having a modded xbox. I have never played a dvd game while my chip is active so the only way this would be possible is if my chip disabled itself after launching a game. Have any of you ever heard of this?

David

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 September 2005 - 05:41 PM

even if the chip did disable after launch the Live blocking bios would still be laoded in memory so there is no way you could have gotten banned that way, there must have been something else

have you recently upgraded your HD? do you have a "fun extras" for a popular sequel?

#3 davegregoire

davegregoire

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 07:28 PM

Yea, Im very sure. I have been using this xbox to play on live and it had never been on before the marriage. I don't have any games backed up to the drive that I play on live. I litterally watched myself be banned from live without launching from the retail bios. When my chip turned red, it changed during gameplay so I would assume it would be quite possible to have lost the live disable settings also. This was the second time I saw this happen but the first tiem I was not playing a live enabled game.

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,752 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 08:48 PM

no, its not quite possible to lose the live disable, lol, the only way to load a new bios to reset the xbox, either a soft reset to load a BFM bios or a hard reset to load a new bios off the TSOP or modchip

besides, if the x3 bios was unloaded and a retail bios loaded, then there would have been no problem with you connecting to Live since you would have been running a retail bios, lol

#5 davegregoire

davegregoire

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:02 PM

When the chip was red and darkwatch was launched, I didn't get a Cannot connect to xbox live, where i used to get it when I launched it. With the current official methods of banning, I cannot see another possible scenario where I could have been banned. No cheating, no modded content, married harddrive, live blocking bios... etc.

#6 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,752 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:16 PM

you have autologin enabled?

had you played darkwatch form a backup before? remember the bios is older than the game, its entirely possible for a new game to get around current Live blocking procedures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users