Deadman1515

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:46 AM

Well trash one faceplate (untill I get some bondo) Since there isnt any tuts anywhere to be found on the web, You wouldnt know that the screen has to be so far to the right to fit correctly so it doesnt conflict with the power eject board. Not to mention nowhere does it explain on how to mount the screen to the faceplate grr.gif

So many tuts, many are completely useless, but no tuts on this, I found tons of questions on how to mount but no explanation from anybody grr.gif

#2 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE(Deadman1515 @ Sep 12 2005, 03:57 AM)
Well trash one faceplate (untill I get some bondo) Since there isnt any tuts anywhere to be found on the web, You wouldnt know that the screen has to be so far to the right to fit correctly so it doesnt conflict with the power eject board. Not to mention nowhere does it explain on how to mount the screen to the faceplate  grr.gif

So many tuts, many are completely useless, but no tuts on this, I found tons of questions on how to mount but no explanation from anybody  grr.gif

View Post

so you wanna come in here and cry like a bitch cuz someone isn't here spoonfeeding you??

how bout you try thinking for yourself?

#3 Modderxtrordanare

Modderxtrordanare

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:54 AM

user posted image

#4 Deadman1515

Deadman1515

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE(ubernewb @ Sep 11 2005, 10:00 PM)
so you wanna come in here and cry like a bitch cuz someone isn't here spoonfeeding you??

how bout you try thinking for yourself?

View Post

Yea so I guess you just knew how to do everything yourself the time around.

Im mad because we have tuts on how to install a program on the Xbox, tuts on how to open the xbox apart, etc, absolutly idiotic tuts that if you need you really shouldnt be playing around inside one.

#5 Modderxtrordanare

Modderxtrordanare

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:01 AM

Bondo and Epoxy both have their own "Tutorials" on the can.
You could have looked at my topic when I asked how to use bondo to make a faceplate.

Apparently you haven't seen his xboxs. He knows how to use bondo a hell of a lot better than alot of us here.

Edited by Modderxtrordanare, 12 September 2005 - 03:01 AM.

#6 Deadman1515

Deadman1515

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ Sep 11 2005, 10:12 PM)
Bondo and Epoxy both have their own "Tutorials" on the can.
You could have looked at my topic when I asked how to use bondo to make a faceplate.

View Post

Im more or less just venting since its something stupid. I do alot of work on cars so Im not to worried about fixxing the faceplate. (Thank you tho for pointing in the direction to a bondo tut)

At least I was smart before i started shredding the case and bought a 2nd on ebay for this exact reason.

What Im talking about how it wount go in now, is the connector on the Xlcd hit the board/connector for the power/eject board that mounts to the plate.

#7 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE(Deadman1515 @ Sep 12 2005, 04:06 AM)

Im mad because we have tuts on how to install a program on the Xbox, tuts on how to open the xbox apart, etc, absolutly idiotic tuts that if you need you really shouldnt be playing around inside one.

View Post

nope.. i certainly did not. i fucked up my fair share of mods when i was new.. as a matter of fact i still do. do i come in here bitching to everyone when i do? do i piss and cry cuz someone didn't show me the "proper" way of doing it? no... i learned from my mistake and started over.

next time you start working on a mod, how but taking a look at the stuff and asking yourself a simple series of questions... will this work? is there anything that might possibly get in the way? if so, can i move the other thing somehow? if not, can i reposition this so that it will fit?

you wanna me a modder, you're gonna have to think for yourself... no 2 ways about it.

#8 soupy_31

soupy_31

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, XBOX, GFX..
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE(ubernewb @ Sep 11 2005, 10:15 PM)
nope.. i certainly did not. i fucked up my fair share of mods when i was new.. as a matter of fact i still do. do i come in here bitching to everyone when i do? do i piss and cry cuz someone didn't show me the "proper" way of doing it? no... i learned from my mistake and started over.

next time you start working on a mod, how but taking a look at the stuff and asking yourself a simple series of questions... will this work? is there anything that might possibly get in the way? if so, can i move the other thing somehow? if not, can i reposition this so that it will fit?
you wanna me a modder, you're gonna have to think for yourself... no 2 ways about it.

View Post

dude... that was absoloutley incredible lol beerchug.gif

#9 brokenglass

brokenglass

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Location:an IL suburb xbox:1.3 development kit paintball:Ironmen timmy
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:31 AM

google
also, did you try the one on THEIR SITE!! and also, if you need a tutorial here,
1.take lcd out of box
2.cut plastic
3.plug in
4. come back and bitch about it not working,

#10 Serious Sam

Serious Sam

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 September 2005 - 05:20 AM

Bitching about not having a tutorial is pretty funny laugh.gif

Case modding is something you basically do by yourself and plan by yourself. Yes tuts make life a bit easier sometimes but when there isn't tut you do what most of us do improvise and come up with a solution yourself then if you want write a tut and share your knowledge with us. Thats what this forum is for wink.gif

#11 _GhOsT_

_GhOsT_

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 September 2005 - 05:25 AM

man you need to realize that half of the fun in modding is doing it yourself
saying hey i did this with no help is the greatest thing about modding

#12 flashfreak

flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 September 2005 - 05:52 AM

When i made my slimcase, i didn't look for tuts or cry that i couldn't find them. I did it all by myself. Try teaching urself and doing it without bugging others.

#13 atomheartmother

atomheartmother

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Interests:woman booze hairy chickens ohh and XBOX!!

Posted 12 September 2005 - 06:18 AM

Hey everyone lets calm down a little.... To be honest there are no real tuts for a xlcd install. I was gonna make one yesterday when I did mine since I could find one either. Sure I have done a few before and the first one I did I figured it out myself, and I searched everywhere on the net to find photos of others installed than planned it and knew what I had to do to get it done. BUT we all have made screwups while modding before and either tried to make those mistakes work or got pissed and broke something you know. My first lcd was on a green halo when they first came out with the xlcd I was scared shitless, blindly cutting a le hoping it would work (to this day I hate cutting up anl LE. Stocks you can replace quick LE's cost you everytime you take a dremel to one...you know!!. so deadman chill out you screwed up but get used to it, its gonna happen again and if you are angry theres no tut. then make one. But I feel for ya. beerchug.gif
If noone screwed up a lot of these crazy mods on here would have never happened..lol beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif tongue.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Edited by atomheartmother, 12 September 2005 - 06:20 AM.

#14 ametalheart

ametalheart

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:xbox,my modded rc tmaxx,getting fucked up!!!

Posted 12 September 2005 - 06:34 AM

cool.gif ok i am in a good mood i will help you take your xlcd lay down flat so that you
are looking at the blue screen get some paper white put paper under and trace out
the xlcd the whole thing not just screen cut out. now get a ruler you will half to cut
off 1/16 of an inch all around the piece you just cut. now you will have a perfect
templet of your xlcd screen. now look at xbox with cover off but faceplate mounted
take your templet and place where you think it wont get in the way of anything. note not to close to the pbc board and no lower than 1/16 of an inch to the top's of the controller ports as to avoid it bumping into crap. then when you have it placed
right mark it off with something and use clear tape and tape it on there you might have a problem with the tape not sticking so you can also use masking tape plus you can see through it. remove faceplate get your roto tool out and start cutting
make shure that when you cut out the templet you make it a little smaller. when your done get your self some files i used 1 flat 1square and 1 round. the square file is good for nice corners, round i good for hard to get areas,and the flat to smooth everything out. when your done you can mount with hot glue. i used screws and bolt's to mount mine. you might also want to cut the tin shield behind the xldt so you won't short anything out. hey if i can do it on a cheap blue crystal case that was an ebay special 15$ than you can too. you also might half to trim the top of your case so your case closes correctly. to do this put your case top back on to see where your xlcd hits at the top if the case then use masking tape to mark off the end's take the top of the case off and start filing only about 1/16 of an inch. remember to mask everything you work with so you wont damage the faceplate the cover or anything else. that's it i think i covered all the bases what do you think guy's? hope this help's you out. wow this post is long sorry!!!
if you want some pictures of the finished product let me know and next time i am on the boards i will post them.

#15 Deadman1515

Deadman1515

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(ametalheart @ Sep 12 2005, 01:45 AM)
cool.gif  ok i am in a good mood i will help you take your xlcd lay down flat so that you
are looking at the blue screen get some paper white put paper under and trace out
the xlcd the whole thing not just screen cut out. now get a ruler you will half to cut
off 1/16 of an inch all around the piece you just cut. now you will have a perfect
templet of your xlcd screen. now look at xbox with cover off but faceplate mounted
take your templet and place where you think it wont get in the way of anything. note not to close to the pbc board and no lower than 1/16 of an inch to the top's of the controller ports as to avoid it bumping into crap. then when you have it placed
right mark it off with something and use clear tape and tape it on there you might have a problem with the tape not sticking so you can also use masking tape plus you can see through it. remove faceplate get your roto tool out and start cutting
make shure that when you cut out the templet you make it a little smaller. when your done get your self some files i used 1 flat 1square and 1 round. the square file is good for nice corners, round i good for hard to get areas,and the flat to smooth everything out. when your done you can mount with hot glue. i used screws and bolt's to mount mine. you might also want to cut the tin shield behind the xldt so you won't short anything out. hey if i can do it on a cheap blue crystal case that was an ebay special 15$ than you can too. you also might half to trim the top of your case so your case closes correctly. to do this put your case top back on to see where your xlcd hits at the top if the case then use masking tape to mark off the end's take the top of the case off and start filing only about 1/16 of an inch. remember to mask everything you work with so you wont damage the faceplate the cover or anything else. that's it i think i covered all the bases what do you think guy's? hope this help's you out. wow this post is long sorry!!!
if you want some pictures of the finished product let me know and next time i am on the boards i will post them.

View Post

Thanks for the explanation. It seems most people never heard a rant to blow off steam.

And whoever said look on team xecuter, Do you honestly think that I diddnt scour their site as well. I have quite a bit done to the xbox myself, the only thing so far I have used a tut on was the Xecuter 3 install (obviously)

The Xlcd so far has been my only concern because I want it level not crooked or anything.

Its still easier than a car tho, Ive done some insane stuff with cars that teaches you whole new strings of curse words. So just so everyone knows this was more of a rant than anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users