mitch2025

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 September 2005 - 12:27 AM

not sure if this is where it should go but if its not then someone move it. anyways a while ago i made a converter to use my xbox controller in my PC. i took a USB cord and xbox break away cord and cut them and soldered like wires together. when i pluged it in, it said it was a MS HID controller. everything worked fine. well i lost that adapter and cant find it so i made another one. the break away cable is from an official MS controller. the USB cord is one that came with the X2.6 programmer (POS thing. didnt fix anything. just fried the chip lol). well i get the wires soldered and pluged it in. my PC detects a USB device but says it is unknown. the controller is getting power because the light on the xbox comunicator lights up. im thinking that the USB cable is diffrent from the otherone i used because it was only used to power a programer. it didnt do anything else. please help. i wanna play my emulators because my xbox cant play most N64 roms

#2 diablomastabarb

diablomastabarb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:08 AM

1st of all, your computer wouldnt recognize it off the bat, you would have to download drivers for it
2nd, power is power, ground is ground, a wire is a wire, just because something is made to power a specific device, does not mean it can't be used for other things (unless maybe the colored wires are different?)
3rd, all i can say is research the programmer cord to see if the wires are colored differently, and check your solder points.

#3 Granulated

Granulated

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:14 AM

Yeah, maybe you switched the wires that weren't + and -, data + and -....if the drivers don't work, check your wiring.

#4 adenansu

adenansu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:53 AM

i'd put some money down that it has something to do with the fact that the cable you're using originally fried a modchip, and now doesn't seem to be working as your repurposed effort for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users