• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 cTTbLaKeMAn

cTTbLaKeMAn

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:Halo 2'ing, SKATEboarding, Computer, Mountain Biking, Swimming, Boating, Tubing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:36 AM

I have a stock Seagate ST310014ACE drive. It is lockable cause I have locked it, and I can unlock it. The real problem: I can't seem to figure out how to lock it with the correct password. I even used the eeprom locking method, and it still boots with error 6. Is it possible to flash another eeprom to the motherboard while using the rebuild c parition in xboxhdm? Cause if you can, I think I flashed a blank or incorrect eeprom to it, but now I have the correct one and I'm trying to lock the hdd with that and it doesn't work. Ideas, comments, and help is MUCH appreciated! ( Considering this is a special topic and it has never been answered in any other post.)

#2 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 September 2005 - 02:20 AM

if you've flashed a blank eeprom to your box, then the hd needs to be locked with that eeprom, but that wouldnt work, so borrow a chip, flash back your correct eeprom, and correctly lock your drive to the same eeprom.

#3 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:35 AM

Yeah thats fucked sad.gif i did that once with avalaunch's restore eeprom backup (thats prob why they removed the function). Luckily it was a chipped box.

#4 cTTbLaKeMAn

cTTbLaKeMAn

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:Halo 2'ing, SKATEboarding, Computer, Mountain Biking, Swimming, Boating, Tubing.

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:55 PM

So, IT IS possible to flash an eeprom to an xbox. Now, why can't I just unlock it, wipe the parition table, build the C: from scratch (and this is where it flashes the correct eeprom from the cd) and then lock it with that correct eeprom?

Why do I need a chip?

#5 Neilor

Neilor

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 04:11 PM

You could only do this if you had a chip that would allow the drive to boot unlocked.

Since you've been working this problem for a while, I think at this stage you should look at getting a solderless chip to get the box back up and running.

My hunch based on this thread and previous ones you've had on the subject is that you've got the wrong eeprom.bin file.

If you load the eeprom.bin into LiveInfo Beta3 it will give you the Xbox Serial Number (Second line - under the select Xbox Version) which should match the label on the underside of the Xbox. If these are not the same then it's the wrong eeprom backup.

If the serial numbers match then it would appear the eeprom has been modified or overwritten using ConfigMagic.

This is the only thing that makes sense as I know xboxhdm works fine, i've used it only last week to upgrade a drive and it went without a hitch.

Hope you sort it out ... again double check the serial numbers.

#6 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE(cTTbLaKeMAn @ Sep 14 2005, 12:06 AM)
So, IT IS possible to flash an eeprom to an xbox.  Now, why can't I just unlock it, wipe the parition table, build the C: from scratch (and this is where it flashes the correct eeprom from the cd) and then lock it with that correct eeprom?

Why do I need a chip?

View Post

Ehm.. the EEPROM is a chip on the xbox mobo containing video settings, XBL key, serial and HDkey. Its not on the hard drive! The hard drive is locked using info FROM the eeprom DUMP. Since you dont have a proper eeprom dump, you cant lock the HD. Meaning you need to boot from a hacked BIOS (and since u cant boot the box to flash the TSOP, you need a chip)

#7 cTTbLaKeMAn

cTTbLaKeMAn

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:01 PM

Ok, so I need a chip, but how or why would this happen in the first place? I do have the correct eeprom but somehow when I lock it with it it gives me error 6.

I got the eeprom from LiveInfo Beta 2.

If I need a hacked bios, why can't I just use Xbox HDM and install a UXE softmod or Ndure softmod? I don't want to pay for a chip!

And can LiveInfo Beta 3 be found in the usual places? Cause I can only find Beta 2.

Edited by cTTbLaKeMAn, 14 September 2005 - 09:06 PM.

#8 cTTbLaKeMAn

cTTbLaKeMAn

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:51 PM

I finally found out my mistake. Here's how it goes: When I decided to make the Xbox HDM cd, (My very very first one) I somehow put in an incorrect eeprom and and wiped the fatx parition using the error 12 unlock exploit. After I did that, I rebuilt the C and Locked it. BOOM error 6. So, I locked it with an incorrect eeprom that goes to a different box. So, in conclusion, I didn't back up the xboxes eeprom, instead I used a different one from a different box.....(Retarded, I know.) So, I cannot access the eeprom, but the only thing I'm left with is an unlocked hdd and a calculated hdd password. So, now I'm thinking of a dual harddrive mod, or if theres a way to recover an eeprom in this situation. But, I'm going to write a FULLBLOWN tutorial on using xboxhdm. Instead the 5 minute one I followed that was vague and had grammar and spelling mistakes. Have a good day, and thanks for all the help. Is it still possible to use a chip? wink.gif

#9 Cathesdus

Cathesdus

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:11 PM

A chip wont just work with error 6 (Cannot Unlock HD). Unlock the harddrive so it gives you error 5 (HD Not Locked) and then install a chip or Relock with the eeprom from your xbox (I believe you said you didnt have the correct xbox eeprom). However, you DID say you have the calculated HD password... Is this the one using the eeprom from YOUR xbox? There are apps for lockign harddrives simply using this password, which you can enter manually in the event you dont have the eeprom. If none of this applies to you, just unlock the HD so it gives you error 5 and then install a chip. Chips with newer bios allow you to use your xbox with the HD unlocked but newer chips make it super easy and practically brainless (I have an X3 CE) to lock the HD using the eeprom on the xbox.

#10 cTTbLaKeMAn

cTTbLaKeMAn

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:14 AM

haha, sweet, one thing, I have tried that calculated pass over and over, it don't work. All though I'll get a solderless chip. Maybe an Xenium ICE. Or maybe the one you recommended. Oh, and once the chip is installed and it runs... can I then lock the hdd and run it normally?

#11 Neilor

Neilor

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:02 AM

I locked it with an incorrect eeprom that goes to a different box.

I've lost count of the number of times you were told it's the wrong eeprom rolleyes.gif

I'm going to write a FULLBLOWN tutorial on using xboxhdm. Instead the 5 minute one I followed that was vague and had grammar and spelling mistakes.

Vagueness and grammer managed to mix up the eeproms?
If the tutorial is an improvement on anything else out there it's gotta be a good contribution. smile.gif

Oh, and once the chip is installed and it runs... can I then lock the hdd and run it normally?

Once it's chipped, make sure the drive is unlocked using the XBOXSCENE password, get a copy of ConfigMagic and run it on the Xbox, select Lock HD... job done, you can finish the softmod and remove the chip.

P.S.: If you use ConfigMagic, your master password will be changed from XBOXSCENE to TEAMASSEMBLY.

#12 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:16 AM

Look here dude, you keep forgetting to tell us what the hell you did in what steps.

i mean..
I somehow put in an incorrect eeprom and and wiped the fatx parition using the error 12 unlock exploit
wtfwtfwtfw??

BTW how did you UNLOCK the hard drive to begin with (i mean how can you lock the drive with a wrong eeprom if you cant unlock it first..)

If you did that from the xbox itself, then the HD probably contains an eeprom backup of the box it came from! You can use xboxhdm to copy the eeprom to a floppy, then lock it with that eeprom. tadaa ur done.

#13 Neilor

Neilor

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:58 AM

He originally used the xboxhdm package so the XBOXSCENE master password was set at that point....

Edited by Neilor, 15 September 2005 - 10:59 AM.

#14 cTTbLaKeMAn

cTTbLaKeMAn

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 12:22 PM

i used the error 12 to unlock it for 60 seconds then it locked itself again. BUT, whenever I try to grab the eeprom from xboxhdm, its all zeros except for hdd calcualated password.

I'm looking at an X3 CE right now, and they look pretty useful. But if and when I get one, I will need help with the solderless adapter.

#15 Neilor

Neilor

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 08:50 AM

When you say it's all zeros, is this through LiveInfo?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users