Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 September 2005 - 12:22 PM

@cTTbLaKeMAn

Your tut on xboxhdm sucks ass. Sorry to say so but it lacks even basic info. Although the grammar seems good.

small remarks:
YOU CANNOT UNLOCK A HD IF YOU DONT HAVE THE EEPROM
or
YOU CANNOT UNLOCK A HD UNLESS YOU LOCKED IT YOURSELF AT ONE POINT

Both cases would at least EXPLAIN your error 6, possibly even FIX it. But since your not reading anything posted here fully.. please, go out and waste money on the most expensive chip on the market, you seem to have the brains to be able to use it to its full potential.

Again:

If you unlocked/locked the HD (this would cause a master password to be set) in ur xbox, you have an eeprom backup on the HD (you can extract that to a floppy via xboxhdm).

If you unlocked the HD via xboxhdm via eeprom (if u used master pass see above) then you have a working eeprom backup. Find that eeprom.

Edit: stop calculating crap manually. just put the (potential)eeprom(s) (one at a time) in the xboxhdm\linux\eeprom\ folder and try to lock with that, see if it boots past error 6.

Edited by Cio, 16 September 2005 - 12:24 PM.

#17 cTTbLaKeMAn

cTTbLaKeMAn

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:Halo 2'ing, SKATEboarding, Computer, Mountain Biking, Swimming, Boating, Tubing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 September 2005 - 02:49 AM

Thanks for negative feedback. You could have just said it needs work or something. But I tried both eeproms. Both don't work. So I will just use it as a doorstop, cause its rediculous to buy a chip for $50. Thats more than I got the xbox for.

#18 cTTbLaKeMAn

cTTbLaKeMAn

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:Halo 2'ing, SKATEboarding, Computer, Mountain Biking, Swimming, Boating, Tubing.

Posted 17 September 2005 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE(Neilor @ Sep 16 2005, 05:01 AM)
When you say it's all zeros, is this through LiveInfo?

View Post

Yes, this is in LiveInfo Beta 2. The Only thing it gives me is the calculated password which I have tried locking with and and doesn't work.

And I don't know how the xbox was unlocked. My guess is that the eeprom somehow became corrupt. But without knowing that, I wiped the fatx parition and and rebuilt from scratch. SO, everything is gone except the working dashboard files.

I might customize the cover of it, and do some case modding to it. But I just dont wanna spend that much on a chip!

Edited by cTTbLaKeMAn, 17 September 2005 - 02:57 AM.

#19 cTTbLaKeMAn

cTTbLaKeMAn

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 03:07 AM

Would a Duo X-2 (Found Here) Do the trick to grab the eeprom and boot a hacked bios so I can go to evox and the xbox will run?

#20 Neilor

Neilor

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 12:55 PM

@cTTbLaKeMAn : What version is the Xbox your working on ?

If your answer is a 1.6, then you need Beta3 Liveinfo... this would explain why your getting rubbish passwords.

#21 cTTbLaKeMAn

cTTbLaKeMAn

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:05 PM

Im pretty sure its a 1.0 or 1.1. But could I try using Beta 3 anyways? It couldn't hurt to try. Where can I find beta 3, in the usual places?

What if I take Eepmod and change a blank eeprom to FIT my serial number on the bottom of the xbox, and I make up a MAC address and an online key and the video region? And then use that to lock the xbox?

Edited by cTTbLaKeMAn, 17 September 2005 - 01:15 PM.

#22 cTTbLaKeMAn

cTTbLaKeMAn

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:44 PM

AH HA! I got it! I didn't look at the mfg date. Its mfg date is 9-24-2004 which means:

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Detecting XBOX v1.6

1) Before buying the XBOX and bringing it home

A. Looking at the Manufacture Date

Manufacture Dates Listed For v1.6
03-18-2004
03-19-2004
03-22-2004
03-23-2004
03-25-2004
03-28-2004
04-01-2004
04-02-2004
04-04-2004
04-06-2004

CONCLUSION: Anything AFTER (3-18-2004) is MOST LIKELY a v1.6
"

ITS A 1.6 GOSH!
Ok, well, redo this whole thing over again with LiveInfo Beta 3.

Ill let you know what happens!

EDIT: Well I did a hotswap, went to Beta 3, and switch drives then switched to xbox v1.6 and still all fields were zeros, except for the gray fields at the bottom, those were correct.

Edited by cTTbLaKeMAn, 17 September 2005 - 01:54 PM.

#23 Neilor

Neilor

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:42 AM

Did you load the eeprom.bin into liveinfo?

You shouldn't be seeing zeros...

1. Select your Xbox Version
2. Click on the LOAD EEPROM (Bottom left corner of the screen)

The data should change straight away from the default zeros...

Only after this will it calculate a correct password.

3. Select the drive (IDE Device drop box)

#24 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(cTTbLaKeMAn @ Sep 17 2005, 04:00 AM)
Thanks for negative feedback.  You could have just said it needs work or something.

View Post

Well if i wanna help you, i need to be honest right.. So that uncludes telling you that you totally misunderstand the point and should not attempt to help others when you cant even help yourself.

I suggest reading my post (at the top) AGAIN and stop using anything besides xboxhdm. Its all you need.

Just try locking the drive with xboxhdm/both eeproms. It that doesn't work, you dont have a proper eeprom backup OR ur eeprom chip in the box is fucked. Both cases require you to boot an unlocked BIOS (meaning a chip, temp will do) and flash on a decent eeprom.

If you want i can provide you with a decent 1.6 eeprom so you know for sure that you have a decent eeprom dump.

#25 cTTbLaKeMAn

cTTbLaKeMAn

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 12:20 PM

Wait, so you can provide me with a 1.6 eeprom, and then I use that in xboxhdm and it will lock it? Because whenever I try to grab the eeprom, its all zeros, (From liveinfo and xboxhdm)

But yes, I would like that 1.6 dump. Thank you!

My aim sn is: cTT bLaKeMAn
email is: cTTbLaKeMAn@gmail.com

Edited by cTTbLaKeMAn, 19 September 2005 - 12:22 PM.

#26 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:37 PM

blink.gif I dont have an eeprom for your xbox now do i.. i just said.. if it turns out your eeprom in ur xbox is fucked, i can provide you with a decent 1.6 eeprom to fix that (so you can softmod the box after a temp chip)

Now please, for the love of god, try this:
(assuming you have a lockable HD that is currently unlocked)

burn an xboxhdm cd with eeprom dump no. 1
lock the hd (option 3 from the menu)
put it in the xbox
Got an error number higher then 6? Good, thats the right eeprom!
Got error 6 again? 2 bad, unlock the hd with the CD you just made.

burn an xboxhdm cd with eeprom dump no. 2
lock the hd
put it in the xbox
Got an error number higher then 6? Good, thats the right eeprom!
Got error 6 again? 2 bad, you dont have a proper eeprom dump or the eeprom in the box is fucked. You're gonna need a chip

Again, all you need is xboxhdm smile.gif

#27 Neilor

Neilor

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:45 PM

@cTTbLaKeMAn : The only reason I'm recommending using Liveinfo was to ensure you have the correct eeprom, on previous posts I've asked you to load the eeprom, get the Xbox serial number and verify against the Xbox serial number label.

This will take the guess work out of which eeprom is the correct one (if any).

@Cio: Agreed, xboxhdm is all anyone should need for this.

Edited by Neilor, 19 September 2005 - 04:54 PM.

#28 cTTbLaKeMAn

cTTbLaKeMAn

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:10 PM

Ok well, I have used 2 different ones so, I have come to the conclusion that I need a chip. Would a Duo X-2 do the trick? They are about 14$ and I could buy one of those.

Ok, so, somehow, by erasing the fat-x parition in xbox hdm will screw your eeprom up? Or is it rebuilding? One of those has to be it or else I wouldn't have this problem.

EDIT: Whoa, I was just searching and thinking, if had a fucked eeprom chip then wouldn't I get error 2?
"2 - bootldr - Eeprom check failed

When you see this error most of the times you have flashed something wrong. Or you dropped solder on your eeprom chips.
"

Edited by cTTbLaKeMAn, 19 September 2005 - 09:24 PM.

#29 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:36 PM

XboxHDM cannot do anything to the physcial eeprom chip.

#30 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 10:22 PM

Ok well, I have used 2 different ones so, I have come to the conclusion that I need a chip.  Would a Duo X-2 do the trick?  They are about 14$  and I could buy one of those.
Yeah, if you can get one, get a blue one (the're pre flashed). you will need to solder it in though. And some of the points are pretty small, so get some practice!

Ok, so, somehow, by erasing the fat-x parition in xbox hdm will screw your eeprom up?  Or is it rebuilding?  One of those has to be it or else I wouldn't have this problem.
No the eeprom chip is on ur xbox mobo. You cant do anything to it using xboxhdm.

EDIT:  Whoa, I was just searching and thinking, if had a fucked eeprom chip then wouldn't I get error 2?
"2 - bootldr - Eeprom check failed
Nope cause thats a PHYSICAL defect. (besides you dont see bootloader errors, they cause a F-R-A-G) You simply put a blank eeprom on there or something, that dun matter now, whats done is done.

Pm me when you got the xbox chipped and have FTP access. Ill provide you with what you need then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users